The Boxing thread

Didn't bother staying up for it in the end (fell asleep, to be honest). Just seen the KO on twitter. Wow. Like a tree being felled, or a tall building being demolished by explosives. And that was the same guy who was cheated out of the decision against Fury? Yet people on here reckon Fury is a better boxer than Joshua?

It’s going to take someone to get seriously hurt or killed before they put a stop to this crossover nonsense.AJ has done what that gobshite Fury should have done and put this circus to bed

It’s going to take someone to get seriously hurt or killed before they put a stop to this crossover nonsense.AJ has done what that gobshite Fury should have done and put this circus to bed

They're NOT completely different sports, though, are they?

There are MMA fighters that rarely kick or grapple and use boxing as their main skill in the ring, so you can't say someone will get seriously hurt, like they're amateurs at it. It's not the same for everyone, especially if the gloves are smaller in MMA.

Joshua was absolutely brilliant in all fairness as I really saw Ngannou winning this fight. Crossover is shite but we are forgetting he did essentially almost beat the greatest heavyweight boxer of this generation in Tyson Fury. Boxers would never come over to the UFC or PFL as not only is the money not there, these are the real street fighters and you can fire on more cylinders than one (unlike boxing) and it’d look bad on the sport of boxing. As for Ngannou now I think he takes time off and fights Ferreira and then hopefully Jon Jones down the line as I don’t think any of us want to see him lose his legacy by keeping boxing. Joshua deserves the winner of Usyk Fury too.

Not going to happen. The great unwashed will keep arguing/debating who are the better fighters; the UFC/MMA mob, or actual boxers. Last night doesn't answer that. Joshua was in his home "territory". Put the pair of them in an octagon and Joshua would probably get his arse served to him. Punters will continue to look for these crossover fights. And promoters will be only too happy to organise such fights, and rake in the money.

I’ve always thought Fury would beat AJ but my thoughts have now changed, I think AJ will beat him and I’m not a fan of AJ in the slightest.

I also used to think it was Joshua who was ducking Fury but it’s clear to see it’s the other way around, may seem controversial but just my thoughts on it.

Fury v Usyk is still a tough one too call purely because of the size difference, If Usyk was 6ft 6 I very much doubt anyone in this era could even compete with him because his skill set is far superior.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.