The Boxing thread

Tyson Fury's victory over Dereck Chisora in the British heavyweight title scored well for Channel 5 last night.

From 10pm, the fight averaged a slot-winning 2.26m (13%), peaking with 2.9m (19.7%) at 11pm.

Slater582 said:
Tyson Fury's victory over Dereck Chisora in the British heavyweight title scored well for Channel 5 last night.

From 10pm, the fight averaged a slot-winning 2.26m (13%), peaking with 2.9m (19.7%) at 11pm.

Thats not bad. I heard that they were delighted about the viewers and will more than likely be putting on Furys next fight. They are in talks with Hennessy promotions about more fights. Sadly Hennessy doesnt have that many fighters left. Imagine what viewers they would of got on bbc or itv if either shown the fight you could treble it at least.

Also at the weekend Brian Magee won the WBA interim Super Middleweight title so he will more than likely fight Carl Froch or Andre Ward in the coming year or so. There is a high chance that either could drop that title for a bigger fight than Magee. Rumours are that Magee will fight George Groves before Xmas Hayemaker want the fight big time so it will mean a big pay for Magee if they argee to fighting one another.

Anyone watching Katsidis V Lozada?

Can't see it is on anywhere.

It's just started.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:17 pm --<br /><br />Katsidis 3rd round win with body blow.

Shit news for Money fans. Those cunts at Primetime have got the rights to the Moneys next fight. They are charging £15 for a PPV. I am pissed off with Sky for loosing Moneys fight they have always shown his fights over the years and now they loose out to poxy Primetime. These fuckers are going to ruin boxing on tv. They are charging for every fight £15 and most of the fights are at 4am in morning hopefully this wont last long.

Bump.

leighton said:
Shit news for Money fans. Those cunts at Primetime have got the rights to the Moneys next fight. They are charging £15 for a PPV. I am pissed off with Sky for loosing Moneys fight they have always shown his fights over the years and now they loose out to poxy Primetime. These fuckers are going to ruin boxing on tv. They are charging for every fight £15 and most of the fights are at 4am in morning hopefully this wont last long.
Weren't you bigging Primetime up not long ago? I'm sure it was you...

Fury on again tonight Channel 5, could be a classic against Firtha.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-tDoTfomg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-tDoTfomg</a>

Fury 1/25 and even watching the above clip I think Firtha has a chance.

I don't know how Prescott wasn't given the win last week.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/boxing-wwe-ufc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/boxing-wwe-ufc.html</a>

deffo watching muay thai @ 8.30

thailand v challenger ;)

conormcfc said:
Bump.

leighton said:

No I was bigging up Premier Sports. They have some decent fights but instead of £15 PPV they subs is for a month at I think £8 a month. Next weekend they have Dzinziruk v Konecny from the Czech Republic at 8 pm on Friday night. Then the fight from US on Saturday night is Marquez v Nishioka not a bad for half the price of the Money fight.

leighton said:
conormcfc said:
Bump.

leighton said:

No I was bigging up Premier Sports. They have some decent fights but instead of £15 PPV they subs is for a month at I think £8 a month. Next weekend they have Dzinziruk v Konecny from the Czech Republic at 8 pm on Friday night. Then the fight from US on Saturday night is Marquez v Nishioka not a bad for half the price of the Money fight.
Fair do's.

Good night of fights tonight. UFC as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.