The Boys From Brazil.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
ElanJo said:
Listen, thats the thing about football it's all about opinions. I thought he was hopeless you thought he was the best player. I am not going to change your mind, you won't change mine so I see little point in carrying this on!

No. I didnt think he was our best player (apart from Dunne and Ned). I am merely acknowledging that he was. It is not an opinion. The evidence is there. Re-watch the game without this Brazilian nonsense running through your head.

I'm not having this discussion as it is fruitless.[/quote]
then why did you start this pointless thread?

Hello been DISGRACED at Stamford Bridge, i dont think so. What did you all expect? We had 2 of our most infuential midfielders missing today, the guys you have all beeen banging on about in recent games. Get a grip for fucks sake.

goatfeeder100 said:
Robbie and Elano were pretty much invisible today but I don't think their efforts were any more or less substantial than anyone else on the pitch today.

Robbie is a world class player but if he is serious about making a genuine long term impact in the Premiership then he needs a summer of Stevie Ireland-style fitness work, because he must be more robust to be able to cope in away games. Chelsea are a huge physical team as well as the other qualities they possess. Robbie and Elano both need to shape up to be of benefit to the team in these away games when teams close them down a lot quicker and go in harder with the challenges.

Totally agree, for me they are showing no desire to do so in games. I read in an article that Zab is the only new signing from abroad that religiously attended his english classes since day one, Robbie/Bertie dropped out after two weeks. As a consequence Zab now conducts English interviews, Robbie barely speaks a word (his frequent trips back to Brazil no doubt help).

He clearly shows as little committment off the field as he does off it. If you think for a second he cares about Manchester city and will be here for a long time you are kidding yourselves. My final post on this thread.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
goatfeeder100 said:
Robbie and Elano were pretty much invisible today but I don't think their efforts were any more or less substantial than anyone else on the pitch today.

Robbie is a world class player but if he is serious about making a genuine long term impact in the Premiership then he needs a summer of Stevie Ireland-style fitness work, because he must be more robust to be able to cope in away games. Chelsea are a huge physical team as well as the other qualities they possess. Robbie and Elano both need to shape up to be of benefit to the team in these away games when teams close them down a lot quicker and go in harder with the challenges.

Totally agree, for me they are showing no desire to do so in games. I read in an article that Zab is the only new signing from abroad that religiously attended his english classes since day one, Robbie/Bertie dropped out after two weeks. As a consequence Zab now conducts English interviews, Robbie barely speaks a word (his frequent trips back to Brazil no doubt help).

He clearly shows as little committment off the field as he does off it. If you think for a second he cares about Manchester city and will be here for a long time you are kidding yourselves. My final post on this thread.
Can we see a source on this dubious comment? Sheep to the tabloids.
I assume you also believe we will be exchanging Robbie for John Terry in the summer?
Pathetic

Robbie's been learning some English, he called Ballack a wanker today

allblues09 said:
I assume you also believe we will be exchanging Robbie for John Terry in the summer?
Pathetic[/quote]

There you go flower.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1101856_zabaletas_golden_shot_" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... lden_shot_</a>

Zabaleta's determination to succeed is merely part of his character.

Already one of the best-liked players in the dressing room, he has endeared himself to everyone by spending many of his spare hours getting to grips with spoken English.

He didn't have a word to his name when he arrived last summer but can now already conduct an interview.

Five of the Blues' foreign stars began the language course at the start of the season but he is the only one left as his team-mates dropped out.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
allblues09 said:
Pathetic

There you go flower.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1101856_zabaletas_golden_shot_" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... lden_shot_</a>

Zabaleta's determination to succeed is merely part of his character.

Already one of the best-liked players in the dressing room, he has endeared himself to everyone by spending many of his spare hours getting to grips with spoken English.

He didn't have a word to his name when he arrived last summer but can now already conduct an interview.

Five of the Blues' foreign stars began the language course at the start of the season but he is the only one left as his team-mates dropped out.
[/quote]

Here is the problem with that mate (flower is too dainty for me). As well respected as journalist are, there is no quote and no source. Plus I have never seen that mentioned anywhere else. Who then are the five? I can only think of a couple that did not speak English at the beginning of the year: Jo, Robbie, maybe Berti? (though a young girl on this site posted pictures of herself and Berti/Elano, and said the were both nice and spoke very kindly to her, but maybe she speaks Portuguese) , Bojinov (maybe?), Danny Mills so please enlighten me.
I have read that Robbie is in classes once a week now that he has moved into his house.
Just because it is in the paper does not mean it is true. Robbie had some eloquent language for the ref and Ballack today.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
simon23 said:
you can be the best player in the world.....does mean you know anything about managing or training a team.........best players dont always make great or even good managers...so you playing/training 5 times a week means absolutely nothing

I would not say that. I hear people at games who have never played football and you can tell a mile off they know little or nothing about the game. I totally disagree with your point, it actually shows your own lack of knowledge really.

i think you missed the point...of course there are people at football games who have never played or managed and konw little/nothing about games........but there are also some fabulous players who have gone on to make very veyr crap managers.
whereas the likes of wenger and ferguson who were decidely average players are the two most successful managers in the world

oh and by the way........been playing 23 years and coaching 10 years so i do know a little at least........just a very average player mind you

simon23 said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
simon23 said:
you can be the best player in the world.....does mean you know anything about managing or training a team.........best players dont always make great or even good managers...so you playing/training 5 times a week means absolutely nothing

I would not say that. I hear people at games who have never played football and you can tell a mile off they know little or nothing about the game. I totally disagree with your point, it actually shows your own lack of knowledge really.

i think you missed the point...of course there are people at football games who have never played or managed and konw little/nothing about games........but there are also some fabulous players who have gone on to make very veyr crap managers.
whereas the likes of wenger and ferguson who were decidely average players are the two most successful managers in the world

oh and by the way........been playing 23 years and coaching 10 years so i do know a little at least........just a very average player mind you

What league do you coach in mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.