The British Monarchy | Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer (p396)

Would you like people publicly slagging your mum when she dies. The answer to that question is clearly no. You would want them to pay respect or at the very minimum stay silent, why is that so hard for you and others to do?

Most people's mothers are private citizens. Even if Lizzy Windsor was only known privately, Elizabeth Regina was not.

There you have it.
That’s monarchy for you. Next in line as head of state is pre-ordained, if something happens out of the ordinary ( that the system running the show doesn’t like or agree with perhaps), you have a limited pool to pull from.

Here in The Republic, I’m second in line for the position of head of state. In fairness, so is any other citizen over 30 years of age that has an inclination to throw their hat in the ring.

So in theory I could be the next Uachtaran na hEireann.

A little respect if you please.

Watched something last night about what happens if a child is named king or queen. In our case say something happened to Charles and William, then Williams oldest son would be king but the next in line to the throne who is of age ( over 18 ) would be by his side guiding and teaching and basically ruling until Williams son was 18.

This would be Harry which i thought would be quite interesting

All this lineage, is a twist of fate anyway. The Queen was only the Queen because Edward abdicated. Otherwise she would have been a bit player.
I saw a programme a few years ago that trace a different lineage, if something that happened (can't remember what) hadn't happened. They managed to trace the woman that now would have been Queen. She was an oz living in the Bush, she was something like a sheep farmer.
This was the senior descendant of Edward IV's brother, George, Duke of Clarence. She is the Yorkist heir on the basis that Edward IV's children were illegitimate.

However, bear in mind the present King is only king by statute. There is any number of people with a superior hereditary claim—those who descend from James II. They were excluded by virtue of their being Catholic.

The monarchy we have is not strictly hereditary, therefore, but a creation of statute, in the same way that Lancashire County Council is. Therefore, in law 'superior' hereditary claims are irrelevant. Of course, if you are a 'legitimist' you don't accept Parliament has that power - but it has generally been recognised that it does since the 16th Century.

This was the senior descendant of Edward IV's brother, George, Duke of Clarence. She is the Yorkist heir on the basis that Edward IV's children were illegitimate.

However, bear in mind the present King is only king by statute. There is any number of people with a superior hereditary claim—those who descend from James II. They were excluded by virtue of their being Catholic.

The monarchy we have is not strictly hereditary, therefore, but a creation of statute, in the same way that Lancashire County Council is. Therefore, in law 'superior' hereditary claims are irrelevant. Of course, if you are a 'legitimist' you don't accept Parliament has that power - but it has generally been recognised that it does since the 16th Century.
Fuck the county council, Lancashire has been the anointed one among the counties. That is until some 'fonctionnaire' came along and nicked some of the good bits- Manchester, Bury, Jeez I nearly typed Bolton then, Rochdale and, of course Barrow!

How deep is your connection with Charles?

Asking for future reference.
I don't particularly have a deep connection with Charles, I do think the monarchy is a good thing and also respect others who hold it in greater reverence than myself.

Can I ask what is your deep connection with 11 football players who pull on a blue shirt ? Are you related to any of them, do you know any of them personally? You can see where this is going cant you, some things we do or hold in high esteem as people are illogical?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.