The British Monarchy

You have read Wiki properly. In line 1 of your ref, it steals clearly that her title was “Queen “ etc. No mention of consort.

No I have read it right, the title was given to her for a reason.

Was the Queen Mother known as Queen Consort?

The last person to hold the title of Queen Consort was the Queen Mother.
The Queen Mother was born as Elizabeth Angela Marguerite Bowes-Lyon on 4 August 1900. She married Albert Frederick Arthur George in 1923, her husband would later take the name of King George VI following his accession to the throne in December 1936.

King George VI was officially crowned King at the coronation in May 1937. At this stage Elizabeth would become known as Queen Consort.

The point raised earlier was that Diana would have had a different title to Camilla, that wasn't true they would have held the same consort title.

The point raised earlier was that Diana would have had a different title to Camilla, that wasn't true they would have held the same consort title.
Wrong wrong wrong. Female consorts of king are titled Queen, whereas male consorts of the Queen are not known as king, for obvious reasons.
Ffs mex type out here the first line of your first ref, which is the accurate one.
PS YOUR last link is awry, not a link at all.

Last edited:
She was wearing a seat belt. It was her bodyguard Trevor Rees-Jones who ironically wasn't, and he survived.

All protection officers don't wear belts, so they can react with a sidearm.

The belt actually caused Diana most of the internal injuries and aorta damage.

This isn't true. She was facing side on in the crash and none of the occupants were wearing a seat belt.

"Although there are conflicting reports (such as BBC and CNN), the investigation Operation Paget report notes "Operation Paget's view is that none of the seat belts were being worn at the time of the impact, including that of Trevor Rees-Jones." (Page 421)"

He wasn't a protection officer he was a private bodyguard.

Diana would have been the Queen Mother, consort makes no difference it means accomplices or companion to the King, it’s the fact Camilla will be crowned that seems over the top. They are both divorced and Diana and Harry were stripped of titles and security, I’m not watching Camilla get her crowning glory
Phillip was already a Prince of Greece and I don’t think he wanted to be a Queen consort king

Diana would have been the Queen Mother, consort makes no difference it means accomplices or companion to the King, it’s the fact Camilla will be crowned that seems over the top. They are both divorced and Diana and Harry were stripped of titles and security, I’m not watching Camilla get her crowning glory
Phillip was already a Prince of Greece and I don’t think he wanted to be a Queen consort king
You‘ll have to take it up with Henry VIII, who formed a religion based on his marital issues.

Never got the cult of Diana, Harry lost his privileges as he wanted a life out of the limelight and fucked off to the USA . Same as anyone else in UK Charles & Camila were free to remarry once divorced . So he will be King & she will be Queen consort if you don't like it feel free to moan about it on twitter .

The list of faithful kings and princes is probably shorter than the list of adulterous philanderers.
tbf, other than Edward VII, every English King of the 20th Century was (in all probability) faithful while they were on the throne. Edward VIII only because of the length of his reign and because of the spell WS had over him, rather than any moral rectitude.

She was the Queen consort mate, it's the official title it hasn't changed.

Queen consort of the United Kingdom
and the British Dominions

All this debate about what fucking title this ordinary woman should hold, and should she wear a crown...it just emphasizes what a load of old bollocks Royalty is. They're just people, two arms and two legs and they sit on a toilet to shit, just like us (they don't clean it though, like we do).
All these titles, Duke's, Earl's, Marquess, Prince's HRH bollocks should be got rid off, it's all designed to make us commoners feel inadequate, subservient and inferior.

I'm so glad David Bowie, Albert Finney, Stephen Hawking, Thomas Hardy & Alan Bennett all refused a knighthood.
I hold them in high esteem.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.