The British Monarchy

They’re the ultimate symbol of the inequality that bedevils this nation and has left us with record poverty and record billionaires.
But bless ‘em, they stand for British values don’t they?
Indeed. I've got more respect and gratitude for the migrants arriving on our shores trying to forge a living than I do for these parasitic twats.

Comforts me knowing a republic is an inevitability, not a possibility. Just frustrating I won't be around to see it.

It’s not a new thing. It’s always been like that.

Make a will people, it’s important.

I think one of points of the article is that they've been lying about where the money goes claiming it goes to charity but actually pocketing it themselves.

There's another article on there about the broader way the monarchy has taken the piss out of the state/us over many years. I hadn't realised that Queen Victoria had pled poverty to the government saying she didn't have enough money to run the institution and when they gave her some extra cash she actually used it to buy Balmoral and Sandringham! You almost have to admire the brass neck but not quite; not sure what it says about us as a nation that we tolerate it all. If we were a more confident nation/people's then perhaps things would change.

This is one of a few surviving feudal relics.

If the monarchy is to survive, it needs to be massively modernised and reduced in scope and all feudal remnants need to be scrapped. The models of Belgium, Holland and Norway would make a good pattern.

I would prefer a republic of course, and make no bones about it. But an alternative would be a significantly slimmed-down monarchy.

Thieving scumbags.

I always thought money like this went to ‘the state’ i.e. us. Instead it goes to the leaching royals who only ever cared about money.

What a ridiculous country we allow ourselves to live in.

Thieving scumbags.

I always thought money like this went to ‘the state’ i.e. us. Instead it goes to the leaching royals who only ever cared about money.

What a ridiculous country we allow ourselves to live in.
Not that we’ve allowed ourselves to live in it rather than we have no real say and the system tells us how to live.
Sadly for many, his archaic system and its custodians are perceived to be the cultural rock on which this nation rests, instead of people like the Tolpuddle Martyrs, the Jarrow marchers, and the suffragettes who are by today‘s standards ‘enemies of the people’.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.