The British Monarchy

I have to say that the new portrait of the King is very good. Captures him well.

Will be good to see these in schools and all public buildings in fact across the country.

Why? What value does it add to any of those buildings? Its being made a legal requirement for no valid reason at all and at a cost that could be better utilised elsewhere such as RAAC surveys in every one of those public buildings.

Why? What value does it add to any of those buildings? Its being made a legal requirement for no valid reason at all and at a cost that could be better utilised elsewhere such as RAAC surveys in every one of those public buildings.
He’s the head of state for a kick off.

A unifying figure, and a very good example of public service. Plus people generally need to smarten themselves up in terms of how they dress - I’m sick of looking at people walking around dressed like toddlers - so they should take a leaf out of the King’s book and look smart.

He’s the head of state for a kick off.

A unifying figure, and a very good example of public service. Plus people generally need to smarten themselves up in terms of how they dress - I’m sick of looking at people walking around dressed like toddlers - so they should take a leaf out of the King’s book and look smart.
made me laugh anyway

Nothing unifies pupil behaviour like a print of the King in the school foyer.

Today's idealistic young things are tomorrow's daily mail readers. Generally folk move to the right with age and become more nationalistic/monarchist. Australia for decades has thought they were one generation away from being a republic, but as each generation gets old and grey it narrowly votes for the status quo.
I bet not a single young un will read this. Its amazing how we change/learn/comply in the end. I hated the royals when I was young, and so many other things I just hadnt learnt about, or learnt why to appreciate them.

I have to say that the new portrait of the King is very good. Captures him well.

Will be good to see these in schools and all public buildings in fact across the country.

Helps instil a sense of civic pride and is part of our British identity.

The vast majority of the British public will welcome it as we have done for many years.

The Kings portrait is better suited to schools than anywhere/anyone else, imagine Johnson‘s picture sat in all the schools none of the current leaders are suited as a head of state

The queen was sat on her throne with jewels and finery, a good change to have a man, William will be a good King

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.