The British Monarchy

There’s a difference between recovery and recovered, but you’re too thick to grasp that.

It does seem that the King’s return to public duties is a source of angst for a few on here. What a fucking sad bunch they are.
There have been 13 posts, including this one, since you posted your celebration of the King‘s return to duties, in about 48 hours.

None have been in any way filled with angst regarding this.

Theres been some baiting about non-existent jokes about cancer, a question about Kate and a dispute surrounding the difference in meaning of recovering and recovery.

Not sure many actually care about his working arrangements.

I keep seeing and hearing news reports that the King "went back to work today"

1/ - its not real work
2/ - anybody else work at visiting a hospital ward for an hour and "earning" what he does?

The death of a much loved Queen really was the time when we should have had a grown up adult conversation about the future of the monarchy

I keep seeing and hearing news reports that the King "went back to work today"

1/ - its not real work
2/ - anybody else work at visiting a hospital ward for an hour and "earning" what he does?

The death of a much loved Queen really was the time when we should have had a grown up adult conversation about the future of the monarchy
My mum was diagnosed in early 2022, she went through surgery, radiotherapy and 6 rounds of chemotherapy. The latter nearly broke her and left her almost unable to walk. It forced her to retire but she's still here.

My mum thinks that Kate is going through the exact same cancer diagnosis as her because the pattern of absence matches what happened to her. If so then I think it's deeply cruel for anyone to expect to see her anytime soon let alone do anything resembling work.

It is huge to see them out in public carrying on as normal and it will give many people hope who are going through the same thing. Any cancer treatment is brutal and should not be underestimated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.