The British Monarchy

I keep seeing and hearing news reports that the King "went back to work today"

1/ - its not real work
2/ - anybody else work at visiting a hospital ward for an hour and "earning" what he does?

The death of a much loved Queen really was the time when we should have had a grown up adult conversation about the future of the monarchy

Not much of a conversation if it's just to appease a few republicans and their 6th form pals, there isn't a reason to suspect that we want to remove the monarchy at all.

My mum was diagnosed in early 2022, she went through surgery, radiotherapy and 6 rounds of chemotherapy. The latter nearly broke her and left her almost unable to walk. It forced her to retire but she's still here.

My mum thinks that Kate is going through the exact same cancer diagnosis as her because the pattern of absence matches what happened to her. If so then I think it's deeply cruel for anyone to expect to see her anytime soon let alone do anything resembling work.

It is huge to see them out in public carrying on as normal and it will give many people hope who are going through the same thing. Any cancer treatment is brutal and should not be underestimated.
I hope your Mum continues to recover and gets her strength back mate.

The patients the King spoke to today certainly seemed happy to see him.

Not much of a conversation if it's just to appease a few republicans and their 6th form pals, there isn't a reason to suspect that we want to remove the monarchy at all.

Not really. I mean many Royal dynasties survive in Europe at far lower cost. Do they need all those residencies? Do they not earn enough without the civil list now? Does the "Royal Family" need to be so large? These are just a few of the questions I would raise.

And just to set you straight pal I was a strong supporter of the late Queen and last time was in in a 6th form was 48 years ago and we were having debates on the monarchy back then

Not really. I mean many Royal dynasties survive in Europe at far lower cost. Do they need all those residencies? Do they not earn enough without the civil list now? Does the "Royal Family" need to be so large? These are just a few of the questions I would raise.

And just to set you straight pal I was a strong supporter of the late Queen and last time was in in a 6th form was 48 years ago and we were having debates on the monarchy back then

Did you bang your head with so much of a change of heart and a complete uturn? My point still pretty much stands there isn't a reason to have any sort of grown up conversation considering the monarchy is still a thing, other monarchies have nothing to do with ours.

6th form politics and minority views that want the same pull as the majority, it isn't happening, but you'll get airtime and a slap on the back from a Rik Mayall fan.

Did you bang your head with so much of a change of heart and a complete uturn? My point still pretty much stands there isn't a reason to have any sort of grown up conversation considering the monarchy is still a thing, other monarchies have nothing to do with ours.

6th form politics and minority views that want the same pull as the majority, it isn't happening, but you'll get airtime and a slap on the back from a Rik Mayall fan.
For a bloke who spends so much time moaning about how people can’t take an opposing opinion, you don’t half abuse people who don’t share yours.

#hypocrite

#MyRudenessIsntMyFault

What I posted was my opening gambit in wanting a grown up discussion

Your responses are spitting your dummy out and and attacking the messenger coz you don't agree.

How's about you actually posit your views in response rather than just posting abuse with no real answer - its what grown ups do

Vine said the king shaking hands with people with cancer is the same as diana hugging and touching aids patients , jesus christ !

People have proper jobs which they do whilst having chemo , shaking a few hands is not work

Vine said the king shaking hands with people with cancer is the same as diana hugging and touching aids patients , jesus christ !

People have proper jobs which they do whilst having chemo , shaking a few hands is not work

He's 75 and being treated for cancer, I think he's done really well to go out and meet people. What work is a poorly 75 year old expected to do that would satisfy you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.