The British Monarchy

He's 75 and being treated for cancer, I think he's done really well to go out and meet people. What work is a poorly 75 year old expected to do that would satisfy you?

Good call, this is about the person because that's what Charlie is.

He's 75 and being treated for cancer, I think he's done really well to go out and meet people. What work is a poorly 75 year old expected to do that would satisfy you?
Sorry but shaking hands with a few people is being lauded on the news like he is some saviour , like i said loads of people do proper jobs whilst having chemo , a job is not shaking hands with people for the camera

Sorry but shaking hands with a few people is being lauded on the news like he is some saviour , like i said loads of people do proper jobs whilst having chemo , a job is not shaking hands with people for the camera
I agree.

It's a self grandiose gesture. Fake solidarity with the people who don't get the same access to the best cancer drugs and treatments he has.

I agree.

It's a self grandiose gesture. Fake solidarity with the people who don't get the same access to the best cancer drugs and treatments he has.
If any of the other patients got any kind of lift from meeting him, then it’s a positive, whatever you think of the monarchy.

It‘s similar to football clubs visiting children’s hospitals near Xmas every year. The players probably don’t call it work though.

Vine said the king shaking hands with people with cancer is the same as diana hugging and touching aids patients , jesus christ !

People have proper jobs which they do whilst having chemo , shaking a few hands is not work
Silly comment . If it brings a bit of happiness to people, which it clearly does, why is it a bad thing?

If any of the other patients got any kind of lift from meeting him, then it’s a positive, whatever you think of the monarchy.

It‘s similar to football clubs visiting children’s hospitals near Xmas every year. The players probably don’t call it work though.
You can bet they were vetted to meet him.

The difference is those players actually do work when they're not visiting children's hospitals.

Silly comment . If it brings a bit of happiness to people, which it clearly does, why is it a bad thing?
Not a bad thing at all but the news and this morning etc are lauding him going back to work as so brave when doing what he does is not work , as tin says they are not getting the state of the art , immediate treatment that he is getting

Agreed.
I'm not a fan of the royals myself,but even I'm willing to give them a break on this.
At least he's showing his face and expressing a bit of solidarity with others with this horrible disease.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.