The British Monarchy

The people who believe in the monarchy aren't far from the people who follow Trump. Just another type of cult.

That said the people who follow united and the people who follow City are members of cults too. Except one is God's own and the other is utter scum.

The people who believe in the monarchy aren't far from the people who follow Trump. Just another type of cult.

That said the people who follow united and the people who follow City are members of cults too. Except one is God's own and the other is utter scum.
Is it possible to follow a team without being part of a cult? I would like to think and hope I do.
I would openly admit a City bias, but also think I view football in general objectively.
I like to see good football and acknowledge it no matter where it comes from.
I would openly admit to having a Republican bias but can acknowledge that although it’s not for me, there are many particularly on this island of Ireland that have an affinity to their Royal connection to history. They have their cult that at times seem to be living in a different century, but it only takes a short perusal through the Irish Current Affairs thread to see that their are some wonderful, insightful contributions from modern Northern Irish Unionists by tradition, forum members.
I can think of two or three off the top of my head.

You and I would not be classed as Royalists by anyone in here, I’m pretty sure. Anyone who’s been paying attention anyway.
Further afield , I would agree with a lot of arguments against it that were very respectfully presented in this topical debate, but I would not consider anyone who sees reason to maintain the monarchy in the UK as being part of a cult, in general.
There are probably some who are, no doubt, but I would regard some of the views on changing a constitution and the consideration that should go into it, as being very sensible, regardless of which side of the fence you are. For those sitting on the fence, even more so.
Referendum?
Percentage for or against a proposal?
Wording of questions asked?
Alternative offerings?
Post decision implementation?

Long term consequences if any?

My own personal perspective of how historically, British governance has implemented change in others’ territories without thinking through the consequences or odds on chances of probable messes being made. Perhaps washing their hands and not caring what mess is left, some would argue.
This view, to me leads me to respect the view of those on here that don’t necessarily support Royalism but are suggesting caution and thought and planning before calling for their replacement.

It’s the least you would expect in any decision of that magnitude. Could you imagine the bullshit and lies the public would have to sift through in a media campaign for or against any such proposal.
The propaganda. Think Brexit times ten.

I’m happy that we’re out of it and it’s Britain’s divisive subject alone. When you think of the bloodshed in the last century plus, resulting from our own extraction from the Union, isn’t it heartwarming that we can discuss and debate such a volatile subject so cordially in here and have every voice and opinion heard and appreciated for it’s honesty.

What a wonderful Forum this is. So much better than the RAWK and RagCafe cults.

Is it possible to follow a team without being part of a cult? I would like to think and hope I do.
I would openly admit a City bias, but also think I view football in general objectively.
I like to see good football and acknowledge it no matter where it comes from.
I would openly admit to having a Republican bias but can acknowledge that although it’s not for me, there are many particularly on this island of Ireland that have an affinity to their Royal connection to history. They have their cult that at times seem to be living in a different century, but it only takes a short perusal through the Irish Current Affairs thread to see that their are some wonderful, insightful contributions from modern Northern Irish Unionists by tradition, forum members.
I can think of two or three off the top of my head.

You and I would not be classed as Royalists by anyone in here, I’m pretty sure. Anyone who’s been paying attention anyway.
Further afield , I would agree with a lot of arguments against it that were very respectfully presented in this topical debate, but I would not consider anyone who sees reason to maintain the monarchy in the UK as being part of a cult, in general.
There are probably some who are, no doubt, but I would regard some of the views on changing a constitution and the consideration that should go into it, as being very sensible, regardless of which side of the fence you are. For those sitting on the fence, even more so.
Referendum?
Percentage for or against a proposal?
Wording of questions asked?
Alternative offerings?
Post decision implementation?

Long term consequences if any?

My own personal perspective of how historically, British governance has implemented change in others’ territories without thinking through the consequences or odds on chances of probable messes being made. Perhaps washing their hands and not caring what mess is left, some would argue.
This view, to me leads me to respect the view of those on here that don’t necessarily support Royalism but are suggesting caution and thought and planning before calling for their replacement.

It’s the least you would expect in any decision of that magnitude. Could you imagine the bullshit and lies the public would have to sift through in a media campaign for or against any such proposal.
The propaganda. Think Brexit times ten.

I’m happy that we’re out of it and it’s Britain’s divisive subject alone. When you think of the bloodshed in the last century plus, resulting from our own extraction from the Union, isn’t it heartwarming that we can discuss and debate such a volatile subject so cordially in here and have every voice and opinion heard and appreciated for it’s honesty.

What a wonderful Forum this is. So much better than the RAWK and RagCafe cults.
I think the very nature of supporting a club in the modern sense is to be part of a cult. Made worse by today's media and the need for everyone to best everyone else.

I must admit that a large part of my enjoyment these days is in seeing other fans suffer. Losing the FA Cup wasn't so bad because it was a missed opportunity for more silverware. We have loads of silverware now. It was allowing united to have their moment. I wanted to laugh at them and it was a big let down that we couldn't.

Anyhow, down with Kings, down with royalty, down with the silly class system of Britain but I can't argue that the alternatives are any better.

We were lucky in Ireland to have a series of genuinely lovely people as presidents. It may be that our presidents have been a reflection of our culture and that culture is pretty decent and good. I'm not sure how you recreate that elsewhere. Or all of that could simply be nonsense.

Anyway eat cake and off with their heads.

I think the very nature of supporting a club in the modern sense is to be part of a cult. Made worse by today's media and the need for everyone to best everyone else.

I must admit that a large part of my enjoyment these days is in seeing other fans suffer. Losing the FA Cup wasn't so bad because it was a missed opportunity for more silverware. We have loads of silverware now. It was allowing united to have their moment. I wanted to laugh at them and it was a big let down that we couldn't.

Anyhow, down with Kings, down with royalty, down with the silly class system of Britain but I can't argue that the alternatives are any better.

We were lucky in Ireland to have a series of genuinely lovely people as presidents. It may be that our presidents have been a reflection of our culture and that culture is pretty decent and good. I'm not sure how you recreate that elsewhere. Or all of that could simply be nonsense.

Anyway eat cake and off with their heads.
You mean you didn’t vote for Dana?

It's just a very, very expensive soap opera. Like a nationalised Coronation Street.

FFS, they aren't even proper royals. Just substitutes brought in by Parliament because the last Stuart King was a Catholic and his two daughters died childless.

Went to his grand daughter instead.

It's just a very, very expensive soap opera. Like a nationalised Coronation Street.

FFS, they aren't even proper royals. Just substitutes brought in by Parliament because the last Stuart King was a Catholic and his two daughters died childless.
Is there a modern pretender?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.