the Carling Cup - mad hatter NY

ReturnoftheMac said:
grandsolo said:
ReturnoftheMac said:
Gonna be there on Sat for the Norwich game. Anyone here been there ??

I'm a regular at the Hatter (I'm the one usually screaming at the ref). Great City pub, lots of Mancs great atmosphere. Ask for myself or Jonesey & we will make sure you feel at home. Kim the bartender is awesome as well.

Hi grandsolo, unfortunately we are Scots not Mancs but have been supporting City for over 30 years and get to as much games as we can (me and my brother). As the game is a 3 o'clock kick off it will be 10:00 am there....will the bar open for it do you know ?? Really looking forward to getting there as it sounds good.

The Hatter will be open for the match & it will be shown live starting at 10AM. If we score 2 or more you'll see the Hatter Poznan. Scots are fully wecome :)

ReturnoftheMac said:

Yes. Watched City draw at Anfield a couple of seasons back. Good bunch of people congregate there but what else would you expect of City supporters.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:36 pm --<br /><br />
grandsolo said:
ReturnoftheMac said:

I'm a regular at the Hatter (I'm the one usually screaming at the ref). Great City pub, lots of Mancs great atmosphere. Ask for myself or Jonesey & we will make sure you feel at home. Kim the bartender is awesome as well.

They will.

grandsolo said:
ReturnoftheMac said:
grandsolo said:

Hi grandsolo, unfortunately we are Scots not Mancs but have been supporting City for over 30 years and get to as much games as we can (me and my brother). As the game is a 3 o'clock kick off it will be 10:00 am there....will the bar open for it do you know ?? Really looking forward to getting there as it sounds good.

The Hatter will be open for the match & it will be shown live starting at 10AM. If we score 2 or more you'll see the Hatter Poznan. Scots are fully wecome :)
Didnt you hear about the new hatter rule?? City supporting Scots who were there when we were shit have to buy a round......think they wil still show??? Just kidding guys!!!

we were there just after the famous gary cooke night, saw the scunthorpe match where robinho scored his last city goal. we took a flag to put up and were made to feel really welcome, will be back again in January - merry christmas and happy new year to Jonesy and all the gang

Out of interest how much is it a pint, bottle, double spirit etc?

It seems like most places in the world have extortionate pubs/bars these days.

Driven up to N.Y. for both the Derby and the Q.P.R. game. Great time at both, Derby was awesome, usually Philly guys and N.Y. guys dont get on too well, but wearing blue we are all brothers (city since 1978 so dont label me a glory hunter) and for the record Kim is as nice a lady as she is a great bartender. Its just wonderful to be in a pub surrounded by blues as opposed to those of the red persuasion. CTID

Corky said:
Out of interest how much is it a pint, bottle, double spirit etc?

It seems like most places in the world have extortionate pubs/bars these days.

Very reasonable for NYC. Pints are around $6

I was in there a couple of weeks ago on honeymoon. Met Jonesey who is a legend. It's a must visit for any Blue. Other than being there I can't think of a better place to watch City. Blue Moon is 6 dollars a pint.
Thanks again Jonesey if you are reading

Was in NY last year for an important game.. Took a taxi all the way across town to find out they weren't showing it and a bar full of Blues was watching the Rags instead. Went across the street for some decent breakfast and watched the score updates on my phone.

Call ahead, not every game is available there.

grandsolo said:
ReturnoftheMac said:

Hello mate. Do you know Neil from Longsight (Boyley) who goes in the Hatter? An old mate of mine since primary school. He was the one with the red hair and old school City shirt who staggered out of the bar and started ballooning in the street with the two black dudes after the cup final, on that YouTube video.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFbipzaT3A&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]
Salfordpaul off here is his cousin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.