The city atmosphere today

gaz76 said:
Also just back (up yours squirty flower!!), have a few answers to some of the points in this thread,

first off don't know how they could say we sold our allocation out, there was at least five empty seats next to me(cue bad smell jokes), and I spotted quite a few more.

secondly atmosphere wise, there was at least ten spaniards sat behind me and some very mute couples sat in front whose only shout of the game was in reply to my "where the fuck did you get four minutes from ref" hope the lady who replied "they are for injuries" was being ironic, sadly I don't think so.
In fairness its been happening for years at games down south, you get a lot of daytrippers and people who only go once a year, so obviously they wont be that fussed about atmosphere as the regulars.
Wasn't a bad atmosphere today, just not the best

10 spaniards ?? fook me we've a long way to go to match the 500 the rags get at the swamp then. :)

How do these daytrippers get tickets ahead of Regular City fans ??

samharris said:
gaz76 said:
Also just back (up yours squirty flower!!), have a few answers to some of the points in this thread,

first off don't know how they could say we sold our allocation out, there was at least five empty seats next to me(cue bad smell jokes), and I spotted quite a few more.

secondly atmosphere wise, there was at least ten spaniards sat behind me and some very mute couples sat in front whose only shout of the game was in reply to my "where the fuck did you get four minutes from ref" hope the lady who replied "they are for injuries" was being ironic, sadly I don't think so.
In fairness its been happening for years at games down south, you get a lot of daytrippers and people who only go once a year, so obviously they wont be that fussed about atmosphere as the regulars.
Wasn't a bad atmosphere today, just not the best

10 spaniards ?? fook me we've a long way to go to match the 500 the rags get at the swamp then. :)

How do these daytrippers get tickets ahead of Regular City fans ??

they were on open sale for a while todays tickets, also various supporters clubs

I didn't think the atmosphere was bad but to be honest it wasn't great! I was in the upper tier and when the match started me and my mate stayed stood up only for everyone around us to sit down n then get told to sit down by people behind me! Even when we were hittin them on the break some people still seemed reluctant to stand up!

CTID1990 said:
I didn't think the atmosphere was bad but to be honest it wasn't great! I was in the upper tier and when the match started me and my mate stayed stood up only for everyone around us to sit down n then get told to sit down by people behind me! Even when we were hittin them on the break some people still seemed reluctant to stand up!

Someone mentioned on here a few days ago that the upper tier is renowned for fans not standing or singing..all the lower tier were standing more or less.

samharris said:
CTID1990 said:

Someone mentioned on here a few days ago that the upper tier is renowned for fans not standing or singing..all the lower tier were standing more or less.

when I got my ticket the guy said they only had upper tier but I would have preffered lower! I don't think it helped that the tottenham fans next to us were all sat down aswell and not singing or owt like that!

Just got back (am I allowed to say that?) and it wasn't bad but not great either. For long periods of the match we didn't really have a lot to sing about tbh. Also I was sat right by the home fans in the lower tier and their were people in our section seemingly more interested in taking pictures and videos.

I mean, you're sat right next to the cockney bastards and are taking photos instead of gobbing at them? Give me a break!

And can anyone tell me what a "cant" is? Becasue apparently Gareth Barry is one.

One thing that made me laugh is that they were celebrating 50 years since their great double-winning side of the early 1960's (and great to see the legendary Dave Mackay on the pitch). So the last time they won the league was 50 years ago in 1960/1 yet they were singing "You've never won fack all" to us, despite the fact we won the league 7 years later.

I thought the atmosphere was ok, without being brilliant, but watching the match now on SKY+ and literally cannot hear the away support at all so far.

Juss back from match n' only read page 1 of thread, we had good sound support today at the lane, left hand side linesman were a friggin bias twat(TRUTH) n' ref were no better but all that aside both teams simply cancelled eachother out imo !

Noisey as fuck first 30 minutes but fact alls they had half time were coca cola powerade n' water dint help nuttin much !

Sir Joe Hart is simply out of this world n' galactic go as far as sayin the Kid is half man half amazin !!!

......ps... Carlos Tevez is a BLUE

Ajay = Awesome

I totally agree about the left hand side linesman and the ref. The singing wasn't that bad. I have heard it better but there was a new Peter Crouch one that I had to ask about (have been away for over a month and didn't know he had upset his 'missus') and the Lennon one was sung way before he went off.

The Adam Johnson one was good as well and of course the Ade song. All in all it was a good atmosphere.

Ooops sorry, I forgot to say that I am back from the match!! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.