The City of Manchester: Why so shunned ?

Funnily enough, go on any football forum for any team based in a big city & you'll see exactly the same stuff posted as you'lll see in this thread. The reason is simple... Manchester is no different to any big city really. I find those people who go on about how great 'their' City is tend to not have lived outside of it much and are maybe even a little insular. There's good bits & there's fucking horrible bits to every major city. I know one thing... I'll never live in any city, I prefer a much quiter life :-)

I've worked in Holland, USA and Glasgow for prolonged periods. I've undertaken pieces of work in London, Bristol, Birmingham, Sheffield, Ewloe, Coventry, Reading, Exeter, Newcastle, Bradford, Leeds, Wakefield, Stoke, Cardiff, Swansea and Canary Wharf. I'm Manchester born and bred and I reckon I'm fairly open minded and easy going (except when it comes to Jack Whitehall).

What I've posted about Manchester is genuinely how I feel about the place. Of course it has its shitholes and bad eggs, but overall, in comparison to everywhere I've been, I've not experienced anywhere that is like Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.