The club only cares about the 'new fans'

Freestyler

I appreciate everything the Sheikh has done for city, but what i'm posting next has no relevance to the Sheikh, and he in my opinion he doesn't get involved in anything how the fans are being treated, that's down the staff at city but i've just wanted to say this for a while and now i'll come out with it...

You can build this and that, inside/outside the ground. Put on open days, but the fact of the matter is and it saddens me to say this, the club only care about the new generation of fans, it seems anyone who jumped on the bandwagon since the takeover, is more important than the older generation and the fans who've been there since Maine Road.

Cook constantly uses the words 'loyalty' and 'old fan base', i see absolutely nothing being done that supports or benefits our older fan base, from the final days of Maine road all the way back to 1970's. it's now all about the new fans that have showed up.

the club have shit on the fans who've been their long before money was an object, back when players played for the badge.

everything is nice and cosy at city at the moment, but it's all about the new breed. that i can understand. the club are building for the future and want to get the next generation of people in.

but the bottom line and the fact of the matter is, the club is shutting out the people who've been there along time and are the backbone of the long time fans that still go, and i don't even think they realise it. it's all about making money now whilst trying to throw in the odd 'fan experience' bollocks, to cover everything up.

Have to say that as a fan of over 40 years my experience / view of CITY since the takeover is the exact opposite - they do more than any other club (IMO) to look after their fans

and what do they get in return - loyalty? - the CITY management have good reason to look at all those empty seats for cup games and wonder what all those comments about CITY have great support was all about

mcfc1632 said:
Have to say that as a fan of over 40 years my experience / view of CITY since the takeover is the exact opposite - they do more than any other club (IMO) to look after their fans

and what do they get in return - loyalty? - the CITY management have good reason to look at all those empty seats for cup games and wonder what all those comments about CITY have great support was all about

i fully understand your points made.

i'm not saying this has been the case for years, i'm saying its slowly working it's way in.

jalfrezi-crazy said:
Can you give us an or any examples of why you think this?

I'd post something else, i won't make any sort of statement on here at this point.

it could include anything from out pricing fans, and even relocating fans like the North Stand this season now. Just to make it clear neither of the last two points affect nor are the reason this thread was made.

but once the semi-final has been played, their be something significant to whether the club really does stick to it's 'loyalty' of the fans.

Freestyler said:
I appreciate everything the Sheikh has done for city, but what i'm posting next has no relevance to the Sheikh, and he in my opinion he doesn't get involved in anything how the fans are being treated, that's down the staff at city but i've just wanted to say this for a while and now i'll come out with it...

You can build this and that, inside/outside the ground. Put on open days, but the fact of the matter is and it saddens me to say this, the club only care about the new generation of fans, it seems anyone who jumped on the bandwagon since the takeover, is more important than the older generation and the fans who've been there since Maine Road.

Cook constantly uses the words 'loyalty' and 'old fan base', i see absolutely nothing being done that supports or benefits our older fan base, from the final days of Maine road all the way back to 1970's. it's now all about the new fans that have showed up.

the club have shit on the fans who've been their long before money was an object, back when players played for the badge.

everything is nice and cosy at city at the moment, but it's all about the new breed. that i can understand. the club are building for the future and want to get the next generation of people in.

but the bottom line and the fact of the matter is, the club is shutting out the people who've been there along time and are the backbone of the long time fans that still go, and i don't even think they realise it. it's all about making money now whilst trying to throw in the odd 'fan experience' bollocks, to cover everything up.

I don't get what you mean.. After 34 yrs I don't feel I am being "shut out" in any way..? you need to back up your claims..

Obv we want to appeal to and ADD new fans but what would be the point of REPLACING old fans which you appear to claim..?

...probably going to be some disillusionment caused by his concerns that he will not get a cup final ticket because he does not have enough points?

so for that reason just hitting out?

everything I see is massive of CITY towards its fans

Harry Godwin said:
mcfc1632 said:
everything I see is massive of CITY towards its fans

RAG.

you could not be more wrong - oops did I use the word massive - was that it

sometimes it is a good word to use and as a SC holder that fills in all the questionaires I receive and now habitually get to the ground earlier and stay in the CITY square bar after the game watching the highlights - yes I think what they are doing is outstanding (there is that better)

mcfc1632 said:
Harry Godwin said:

you could not be more wrong - oops did I use the word massive - was that it

sometimes it is a good word to use and as a SC holder that fills in all the questionaires I receive and now habitually get to the ground earlier and stay in the CITY square bar after the game watching the highlights - yes I think what they are doing is outstanding (there is that better)

Why..? i think City sq is pointless... why would anyone bother pre match when beer is cheaper at local pubs?
Post match I can understand... if we've won then some folk might wanna stay and watch the highlights... but I'd have thought most.. like myself, just wanna get home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.