The club only cares about the 'new fans'

.....err - why else, I like a drink before and after the game - so I leave the Townley where my non-drinling mate parks the car and normally have a pint before the game at the ground - also having a drink after the game lets the traffic die down - and you get to listen to that geezer on his microphone talking through the highlights

mcfc1632 said:
.....err - why else, I like a drink before and after the game - so I leave the Townley where my non-drinling mate parks the car and normally have a pint before the game at the ground - also having a drink after the game lets the traffic die down - and you get to listen to that geezer on his microphone talking through the highlights

If you park in the club car park then I can understand your logic, although I never see any sort of queue at City sq after games... personally I park on briscoe lane for free and am usually home within half hr of the final whistle... the club need to do something absolutely amazing to keep us there after games.

blumoonrises said:
mcfc1632 said:
you could not be more wrong - oops did I use the word massive - was that it

sometimes it is a good word to use and as a SC holder that fills in all the questionaires I receive and now habitually get to the ground earlier and stay in the CITY square bar after the game watching the highlights - yes I think what they are doing is outstanding (there is that better)

Why..? i think City sq is pointless... why would anyone bother pre match when beer is cheaper at local pubs?
Post match I can understand... if we've won then some folk might wanna stay and watch the highlights... but I'd have thought most.. like myself, just wanna get home.

Believe it or not the price of beer isn't the be all and end all for everybody.

I don't agree with this at all, I've been going 30+ years and don't feel alienated/put out by City at all at the moment - just the opposite.

You quote the North Stand as an example...that was done to encourage more kids (whether you feel that's a good thing or not is your own decision), but isn't this what the owners should be doing? Isn't the average age of a fan at a Premier game 40something? City set up the Junior Blues in the 70s, this is a similar attempt to get kids along.

There seems to be a lot of whining recently, coincidentally when there's worries about getting cup semi tickets. We had one guy complaining that moving from the 3rdtier for the Reading game was the biggest issue for him at City in 30 years. Get a grip.

Did I imagine Swales? Did I imagine selling Trevor Francis so the directors could have a shiny roof whilst we stood in an open sewer on the opposite side of the pitch?

Did I imagine queueing for hours for away tickets? Did I imagine the Gene Kelly and the glorified leisure centre that was the new Platt Lane?

No, we get cheap tickets when you look at other clubs. We get these new initiatives, if they annoy you then ignore them, and stop acting like kids yourself

I literally thought the op was going to list about 10 reasons why he felt the club had gone down this road, and until you do I dont think we can fully understand your point. To me, it seems like this post is about 10 years too early, does anybody else feel Like that? Fair enough people are let down by the cup scheme thing , but as it becomes clearer that most fans should get a ticket for wembley then even that argument falls down. City care.... For now!!!!!

I understand what the OP is saying, for me personally I've been ousted from the North Stand & made to sit up in the gods of the Colin Bell. Even though I'm in the cup scheme I've been forced to relocate in every cup game which TBH makes a mockery of being in the cup scheme and is a pain in the asre because you are always on hold for twenty minutes when phoning the ticket office. I was relocated by the club for the Reading game back into the North Stand without any notice and told if I wanted to move it would cost me more. I've now been asked to move back to the North Stand for next season. None of these things are major problems but it seems to me that someone behind the scenes is making some poor decisions and if you are in any way caught up in them then so be it.
I recently moved my season ticket to the family stand for the Fulham game as my 4 yo son was coming to his first game, when I tried to move my seat I was told that I could only have a ticket on row B, when I said that I didn't want to sit so low down I was told that they were the only seats available. This was obviously a lie as I don't think that family stand has been sold out at all this season, this instance is a perfect example of the clubs stance and inflexibility at times.

Why mention him then?
Freestyler said:
I appreciate everything the Sheikh has done for city, but what i'm posting next has no relevance to the Sheikh, and he in my opinion he doesn't get involved in anything how the fans are being treated, that's down the staff at city but i've just wanted to say this for a while and now i'll come out with it...

You can build this and that, inside/outside the ground. Put on open days, but the fact of the matter is and it saddens me to say this, the club only care about the new generation of fans, it seems anyone who jumped on the bandwagon since the takeover, is more important than the older generation and the fans who've been there since Maine Road.

Cook constantly uses the words 'loyalty' and 'old fan base', i see absolutely nothing being done that supports or benefits our older fan base, from the final days of Maine road all the way back to 1970's. it's now all about the new fans that have showed up.

the club have shit on the fans who've been their long before money was an object, back when players played for the badge.

everything is nice and cosy at city at the moment, but it's all about the new breed. that i can understand. the club are building for the future and want to get the next generation of people in.

but the bottom line and the fact of the matter is, the club is shutting out the people who've been there along time and are the backbone of the long time fans that still go, and i don't even think they realise it. it's all about making money now whilst trying to throw in the odd 'fan experience' bollocks, to cover everything up.

Another 30 odd year season ticket holder here and I don't feel anything but positive about the way the club has treated me and people like me to date.

Unlike a certain local club who have a large number of old supporters complaining of bad treatment I'm glad there has been no support of the OP (yet).

Ticket price increases haven't been high imo but let's wait until next season is announced.

Come back when you can provide some examples and I'll consider how they have impacted on me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.