The Co-op Live, next to the Etihad.

The CoOp brand is certainly being put through the wringer today.

Still maintain everything will come out in the wash in terms of the venue but still a major set of fuckery in terms of planning (and I don't agree with those who state it should never have been built).

Coop stores are amongst the most expensive 'corner shops' going. Pity those who used to have these as their only choice to shop in the locality.
Always felt a bit hoilier than thou, but a bit of surface scratching (exorbitant store prices just one example...).

It goes against the point of brand promotion when something goes wrong on this scale, however not sure Co-op should be getting much stick here.

They just pay for the naming rights.

ie, you wouldn’t blame Etihad for the poor manufacturing quality of City replica shirts, you’d blame Puma (the builder) or City (the owner).

Unless I’ve missed Co-op having a bigger stake in this.

You're probably right but I've no idea what is or isn't going on behind the scenes.
It's a big story that's just snowballed (it's just been on the main 1 o clock BBC news).
Then again, bad publicity is still publicity and there's a lot more people that have heard of this venue now.

I just used it as an excuse for slagging their store prices off.

I felt really sort for some of the youngsters last night, they had paid for hotels, travel etc. At least I’ll get my money back for the tickets, they’ve lost their hotel and travel money.
Yeah spot on, little kids dreams are being ruined by this mess. Irish lady on Jeremy Vine now saying her little 10 yr old girl was in floods of tears when she realised she couldn’t go and see Olivia Rodrigo

It goes against the point of brand promotion when something goes wrong on this scale, however not sure Co-op should be getting much stick here.

They just pay for the naming rights.

ie, you wouldn’t blame Etihad for the poor manufacturing quality of City replica shirts, you’d blame Puma (the builder) or City (the owner).

Unless I’ve missed Co-op having a bigger stake in this.
Yeah I'd imagine Co-Op are simply paying a load of money to have their name plastered all over the new venue as a marketing exercise, but are having no part in the construction of it. There will be people/organisations in big trouble over this.

For what it's worth, staff who were employed to work at the arena (stewards etc) are not being given any shifts for this weekend, so it's not looking good for the Keane concert on Sunday.

Aren't Take That supposed to be beginning their run of shows on Tuesday? That's got to be up in the air at this point.

Yeah I'd imagine Co-Op are simply paying a load of money to have their name plastered all over the new venue as a marketing exercise, but are having no part in the construction of it. There will be people/organisations in big trouble over this.

For what it's worth, staff who were employed to work at the arena (stewards etc) are not being given any shifts for this weekend, so it's not looking good for the Keane concert on Sunday.

Aren't Take That supposed to be beginning their run of shows on Tuesday? That's got to be up in the air at this point.
Their fans might need a little Patience.

Yeah it looks like they're in talks to move the gigs to the Nynex/MEN/Whatever it's called now.. I'll bet that conversation went well, humble pie or what..

Yeah spot on, little kids dreams are being ruined by this mess. Irish lady on Jeremy Vine now saying her little 10 yr old girl was in floods of tears when she realised she couldn’t go and see Olivia Rodrigo
I’d be treating her to a match ticket instead to make up for it. At least she would get to see the real Rodrigo.

If we‘d beaten RM wouldn’t we be kicking off against Bayern at the same time as their wednesday show starts? Where would everyone have parked?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.