The Co-op Live, next to the Etihad.

Just been to Clapton / undhwelned by him and the venue.

Early days but second visit and vip lounge tonight.

Shite.

Shite.
Get the clapton bit, but not the venue, thought it was good, I was in a box and was impressed at the level of hospitality, thought it was as good and probably better than City and similar. The sound is brilliant, I think its going to be best in class in the future. The VIP area is going to be a space where people feel special, it's like they are part of an experience that is a cut above what's on offer in similar environs.

Spent a lot of time with people who were there for the act rather than for the experience like me, and they loved it, and thought It was amazing.

Reactions: jrb

Shite.
He's well past his best and a Covid denier as well which was ridiculous at his age, he should have known better.

Brilliant musician in his day but shouldn't be performing as a solo act. The Stones get away with it because they can still make a racket collectively and the focus isn't on one person.

Clapton is Clapped out I'm afraid, bring back Derek and the Dominoes, second thoughts, fuck that, just retire.

He's well past his best and a Covid denier as well which was ridiculous at his age, he should have known better.

Brilliant musician in his day but shouldn't be performing as a solo act. The Stones get away with it because they can still make a racket collectively and the focus isn't on one person.

Clapton is Clapped out I'm afraid, bring back Derek and the Dominoes, second thoughts, fuck that, just retire.
Agree on the covid front, but thought he was still a fantastic musician, sometimes you've got to separate a person's personal views and their ability, considering he's 79 he was fantastic. I've seen james Brown, Simon and Garfunkel, Stevie Wonder, McCartney, Springsteen etc and yes they weren't at their peak but I'm so glad i got to see them perform and take them for who they are at the age they are. One of the best bands I've seen recently was the waterboys, clearly they weren't the same as they were in the 80s but they will live long in my memory for being somebody I've grown up with and been emotionally invented in.

There's also voice balancing technology to improve fading chords, it's fair enough but I object to them charging the ridiculous admission fees for a shite, enhanced experience.

An older mate of mine has paid nearly £200 for a ticket to watch Soft West Coast Rock, insipid crap, The Eagles, ffs, each ti his own but that's a ridiculous price to pay.

Agree on the covid front, but thought he was still a fantastic musician, sometimes you've got to separate a person's personal views and their ability, considering he's 79 he was fantastic. I've seen james Brown, Simon and Garfunkel, Stevie Wonder, McCartney, Springsteen etc and yes they weren't at their peak but I'm so glad i got to see them perform and take them for who they are at the age they are. One of the best bands I've seen recently was the waterboys, clearly they weren't the same as they were in the 80s but they will live long in my memory for being somebody I've grown up with and been emotionally invented in.
I'm definitely with you on Springsteen mate, he's the exception, only does about 150 minutes at the age of nearly 75 as opposed to the 4 hours he used to do.

I agreed btw about separating personal opinions from ability, it's just musicians who promote their subjective views like Clapton and Van Morrison should just keep quiet, personal choice but they do have undue influence.

I'm definitely with you on Springsteen mate, he's the exception, only does about 150 minutes at the age of nearly 75 as opposed to the 4 hours he used to do.

I agreed btw about separating personal opinions from ability, it's just musicians who promote their subjective views like Clapton and Van Morrison should just keep quiet, personal choice but they do have undue influence.
Springsteen is a one off! He's unreal, worth every penny even now.

But if you pay to see 79 year old you've got to know there levels, I thought Clapton was great personally.

Springsteen is a one off! He's unreal, worth every penny even now.

But if you pay to see 79 year old you've got to know there levels, I thought Clapton was great personally.
Fair comment as you've been there, tremendous guitarist but thought he was well on the wane vocal wise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.