The Confederations Cup Thread/ City Player Watch.

Navas was brilliant when he came on. He made so many runs that were ignored by xavi and iniesta. If Spain would have scored the penalty it might have got them back in the game but they just looked absolutely knackered. I'm happy with Jesus this tournament though. It has now got me really excited to see him at city.

Brazil deserved the win tonight and I'm really looking forward to the World Cup next year. Really good tournament although the trophy presentation took an absolute age.

Markt85 said:
I agree he will never be the player he was. Just the Torres bashing does get a bit boring,especially when he's just collected a Golden Boot in this tournament

You should see the 340 page (and counting) thread on our forums.

davymcfc said:
Navas was brilliant when he came on. He made so many runs that were ignored by xavi and iniesta. If Spain would have scored the penalty it might have got them back in the game but they just looked absolutely knackered. I'm happy with Jesus this tournament though. It has now got me really excited to see him at city.
It seemed that the Barca boys just liked to pass short to each other, and down the left. If Spain had included him in their game in the first half, I think they might have won. I'm sure City will make much better use of him.

Plaything of the gods said:
davymcfc said:
It seemed that the Barca boys just liked to pass short to each other, and down the left. If Spain had included him in their game in the first half, I think they might have won. I'm sure City will make much better use of him.

he didn't come on till the 52 min.

Markt85 said:
Marvin said:
Brazil played out of their skins tonight.

But Del Bosque got his team selection wrong.

Mata and Torres should not have started. It really is incredible that Torres is in the Spanish national squad

He was Spain's and the tournaments top goal scorer
Because they beat a pub team 10 nil

Even that gypo you signed would be top scorer after that game and playing up front on his own for Spain.

Spain clearly missed the injured Alonso, but also it showed like the BM vs Barca Champions League semi that Xavi at 33 has now clearly lost a yard or two of pace - proving that he is on the way down from the peak of his career. Yes he can last another 3+ years but he will have to be rested and rotated much more frequently. Don't understand for the life of me why Bosque hasn't played Maretinez more as he was frankly superb for Byern Munich last season. Still if only England had these problems...

Ray78 said:
Impressive performance from Brazil but Spain looked jaded from their Semi Final game against Italy.
They looked jaded in the semi final game too.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:38 am --<br /><br />
BlueAnorak said:
Spain clearly missed the injured Alonso, but also it showed like the BM vs Barca Champions League semi that Xavi at 33 has now clearly lost a yard or two of pace - proving that he is on the way down from the peak of his career. Yes he can last another 3+ years but he will have to be rested and rotated much more frequently. Don't understand for the life of me why Bosque hasn't played Maretinez more as he was frankly superb for Byern Munich last season. Still if only England had these problems...
Martínez isn't the one to replace Xavi, he needs to replace Busquets who I haven't seen have a good game for about fourteen months. Fabregas is the man to replace Xavi in that Spain team. For some reason Barça and Spain think he's an attacking midfielder or even someone to play in a front three (barmy!), when he played probably the entire eight years he had at at Arsenal in Xavi's role.

Del Bosque should have started with Pedro on the left, Navas on the right and played Fabregas through the centre as false number 9.

Arbeloa, Mata and Pique were all either poor or anonymous. Brazil were made to look better than they were and Spain lacked any urgency in their pressing and movement. It's the worse I've seen them playbin recent times and was akin to Barca v Bayern. The way to beat Tika Taka is direct explosive movement. Get the ball and batter ram into their half. Neymar and Fred we clinical and that helped take advantage of Spain. I thought Casillas and Iniesta played well.

As for the poster who says he's never seen Pedro play well. Watch the lad more and you'll see why he's ranked highly. Pace, finishing and movement is world class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.