The Conservative Party/Government

Regarding the cost of living crisis. The government are giving Ukraine over a billion pounds towards weapons. So why cant they spare a few quid for those who are really struggling with their bills. There's around 30 million households in the UK. One billion pounds divided between these households would be over 33 thousand pounds each. Not saying every household should get the money, but those in genuine need could easily be helped.
Or am I just being thick.
Good at maths then I see

Regarding the cost of living crisis. The government are giving Ukraine over a billion pounds towards weapons. So why cant they spare a few quid for those who are really struggling with their bills. There's around 30 million households in the UK. One billion pounds divided between these households would be over 33 thousand pounds each. Not saying every household should get the money, but those in genuine need could easily be helped.
Or am I just being thick.

Or they could provide much needed aid to Ukraine and meanwhile impose a windfall tax on the the energy companies who are driving the rise in the cost of living whilst recording record profits?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.