The Conservative Party/Government

Even allowing for a one billion pound impairment charge the increase in profits is still significantly greater than the increase in turnover.
Cost of sales fell from 92.6% of revenue to 92.15%.

Hardly seems like rampant profiteering to me.

Effectively you’re giving Tesco less than 8p in the pound to buy all of your produce, handle all of the logistics and regulations, employ thousands of people, manage hundreds of properties and allow you to shop in a location that’s convenient to yourself.

And the bastards have got the cheek to try and make a profit eh?

Does that apply to those working a full week? If so then the minimum wage needs a serious rethink. If it applies mainly to part-time staff then it's hardly a surprise.
I've just done a quick calculation and I think that with the new minimum wage, you would have to work 41 hours a week to not be eligible.

I've just done a quick calculation and I think that with the new minimum wage, you would have to work 41 hours a week to not be eligible.

which nobody does. Anyone working in retail will be on a 12/16 hour pw contract. They may pick up the odd extra shift due to colleague illness or holidays. They do that because it limits their liability to holiday pay and sick pay - its a simple distortion of what they call the gig economy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.