The Conservative Party/Government

Death by a thousand cuts it is, then. Fuck em'. Rishi won't be ousted now as his minions know he's finished, they may as well wait to feast on the carcass.

Dunno Kaz, I went to vote after work around 6.15pm. Saw one of the neighbours and had a good chin wag for a good 40 mins stood outside the church which is being used as the polling station. Not a single person under 50 walked into the polling station to vote all the time I was stood there. Now maybe they all went first thing this morning, but I would have expected to have seen a few younger people to exercise their democratic rights. Theres certainly a growing degree of voter apathy in younger generations.
I'm in that age bracket and I didn't vote yesterday because I just don't see the point. I see chat amongst our councillors and all they care about is giving each other a kicking. If either wins they'll just make a game of telling everybody how they beat the other. They aren't interested in the state of our roads or the fact that nothing is being done about anything.

I decided that the only option was none of the above but that isn't an option so I didn't vote. I'm hoping that this will be a record non-turnout, they need to be told that they represent us and not their party.

I'm in that age bracket and I didn't vote yesterday because I just don't see the point. I see chat amongst our councillors and all they care about is giving each other a kicking. If either wins they'll just make a game of telling everybody how they beat the other. They aren't interested in the state of our roads or the fact that nothing is being done about anything.

I decided that the only option was none of the above but that isn't an option so I didn't vote. I'm hoping that this will be a record non-turnout, they need to be told that they represent us and not their party.
It's pretty clear that a lot of right wingers, such as yourself, stayed at home. That plus the split of votes with reform is turning into a massacre for the tories.

People are often discontented at the local council level because they don't understand that councillors have very little real power. Councils are largely agents for the government. They can do nothing unless they have been given specific legal powers to do it, and some elements of their funding are literally tied to certain government priorities. (Money for cycle lanes is one example, although you'd never guess it from how Conservatives talk.) They have also had their funding slashed massively over the last decade or more, and yet everyone expects everything to carry on as before and work perfectly. This is not realistic.

Any development is assumed to be linked to brown-envelope knockbacks, though it's very odd that no councillors ever seem to be prosecuted. One can only think it's because there's no evidence! It seems to me people hate change. Any change. Older people are particularly bad at this, and I speak as one. Yeah, I miss steam trains and trolleybuses but so fucking what? We have to look to the future, not the past, especially as the past was generally much shittier than people like to admit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.