The Conservative Party/Government

I’m not sure mate. If you hit someone with a golf club is it the golf clubs fault. Or is it the person that wields it? Help me out with your lawyerly mind because I can see it both ways.
I think that your analogy is incongruous. A better example would be comparing current technological communications and those of a generation ago, with a machine gun and a musket.

The former is far more effective and deadly - and can cause far more damage in the same period of time.

Not sure what the assessment criteria is now but I had mine at the time where a physical assessment was undertaken as well as a discussion about my condition and physical abilities.

It was also at the time when there were a lot of complaints about DWP not correctly recording what was discussed and people being rejected PiP and forced to appeal.

As I posted, I started my PiP interview by saying I want to ensure there are no discrepancies or ambiguities with what we discus and I want to see your typed report.

TBF, she was a decent assessor and only pressed "send" after I had read her report and made any changes.

I agree though, not all are good.
PIP is not means tested so personally think tories are going after this. Carers has been in news recently that's because there was a push on it a short while ago. Similarly Pension Credit might be newsworthy soon, taking money in sanctions of our pensioners. Various initiatives on UC ongoing but the legislation and code behind it is bobbins. As kaz referenced earlier loss of PIP (care element) can impact entitlement to ESA premiums. I quite like UC in principle but legislation and code supporting it are bobbins. expecting carnage when Labour get in as they will do something about changing it, expecting patches on existing patches to amend code

I think that your analogy is incongruous. A better example would be comparing current technological communications and those of a generation ago, with a machine gun and a musket.

The former is far more effective and deadly - and can cause far more damage in the same period of time.
yes it can. But both weapons are impotent without someone operating them intending to kill. The evil is conducted by a human. The weapon/technology simply serves to make the evil more efficient.

It’s not a popular thing to say - especially on here - but the problem is now so bad that it can’t be ignored.

There won’t be any votes in it for Sunak but when you look at the numbers of people any government would need to tackle it, and that includes the next one as well.

The system has to be fair and that includes being fair to the people who do go out to work to pay for it all.
Indeed. Don't sick people vote? That's another group of ex-Tories.

Not necessarily...

The voter supression laws he's enacted means many of the people he's attacking won't be able to vote because they won't have official ID.

At least 5 million people need to be educated in getting official id to vote or use postal voting.

With regards to posting I can see a summer GE as some Tory seats will be less threatened as all the students will be at home.
They've got postal votes - they can vote in whichever seat is more marginal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.