The Conservative Party

Who are the epitome of togetherness………
In the first round of voting for a new leader, 50 MP’s voted for Truss. That’s 50 out of 359.

But Tory voters tend to always vote Tory no matter what , no matter how disgraceful they’ve been or are and how bad their leader is

Left wing voters tend to switch parties because there is more of a choice or abstain from voting

But Tory voters tend to always vote Tory no matter what , no matter how disgraceful they’ve been or are and how bad their leader is

Left wing voters tend to switch parties because there is more of a choice or abstain from voting
That will only change if, following an election, the parties on the left can agree to form a coalition to govern. If they then legislate electoral reform, that would likely shatter the right and lead to different parties appearing.

That will only change if, following an election, the parties on the left can agree to form a coalition to govern. If they then legislate electoral reform, that would likely shatter the right and lead to different parties appearing.

Yep hopefully so, as long as the Tories don’t stay in power after the next election- I’m not feeling as optimistic as everyone else - they tend to find a way

Yep hopefully so, as long as the Tories don’t stay in power after the next election- I’m not feeling as optimistic as everyone else - they tend to find a way
Worst case scenario is Labour get 5 years to try and stop us bleeding out, but don’t do enough PR, then the Tories get back in, rip the plaster off and finish us completely.

A dozen years or more of any single party in power is unhealthy, in my humble. As long as the opposition parties maintain their non-aggression pact, then there is every chance the Conservatives will be unable to form a majority after the next election, particularly as the country is still likely to enter a (prolonged) recession before then. I suspect that in the coming two years, you will thus hear many Conservatives comparing the current electoral system with the monarchy, and they will go to great pains to claim that both provide the country with greater stability and that any electoral reform will usher in far-right and far-left governments (the irony!). The Conservatives probably fear electoral reform more than they fear any other party, but whether the other parties can shelve their own interests and maintain the pact for the good of the country, well that remains to be seen.

There is little doubt to me that within a short time, the Conservative Party will politicise the passing of the Queen by positioning themselves as the party of the monarchists and will make out that a vote for anyone else would be a step towards a republic. After the last three years of government ministers always appearing with a picture of the Queen behind them along with a Union Jack it's not a difficult prediction to make.

There is little doubt to me that within a short time, the Conservative Party will politicise the passing of the Queen by positioning themselves as the party of the monarchists and will make out that a vote for anyone else would be a step towards a republic. After the last three years of government ministers always appearing with a picture of the Queen behind them along with a Union Jack it's not a difficult prediction to make.
Until Charles calls them out on something. Then what happens?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.