The Conservative Party

It’ll be interesting to see how the pledge of a same day GP appointment can be met without having extra GPs.

Am I missing something, or have GPs just decided to make people wait 6 weeks for an appointment for no reason?

I've heard they're considering an automated system.

Press 1 for hypochondria
Press 2 for emergency

You pressed 2. Press 1 for emergency hypochondria. For any other issues please visit your local pharmacy and ask for paracetamol.

I've heard they're considering an automated system.

Press 1 for hypochondria
Press 2 for emergency

You pressed 2. Press 1 for emergency hypochondria. For any other issues please visit your local pharmacy and ask for paracetamol.
Send it Coffey, you’ll likely be given the contract.

Try to get an appointment at my medical is a joke. You have to call at 8.00am on the day and then when you finally get through they tell you none are available and to call at 8.00am the next day. If you are lucky you might get a telephone appointment with a doctor who when you tell him / her you might have an eye infection or throat infection tells you to make an appointment to see him / her by calling the next day at 8.00am! My late father was a GP who would do two full surgeries a day (morning and late afternoon / evening as well as home visits, hospital and old folks home visits and work weekends. Seriously GP's these days have it easy in comparison.

It's a joke everywhere. My 3 month old developed a rash I was concerned about so I rang up and they offered a phone call. I said, that's not really going to cut it considering it's a rash and I'd like them to look at it. However they did offer a wonderful service where after the phone call I got a link to send a photo to so the GP could look at it and then call me back. Doesn't that sound much quicker and easier than just going in and showing them!

There was a BBC Panorama investigation into Operose Health who operate a large number of practices in the UK and that highlighted a lot of issues. Staff shortages and an increase in population have inevitable consequences. I don't think they're working any less now, but there are more people to deal with and the systems that are in place are an absolute joke. If you are concerned about your health you have to fight hard to ensure you're getting seen and getting the right treatment. I know from my Mum's own battle with cancer and the repeated errors/delays that healthcare in this country is much like changing your phone contract or insurance - you have to ring and ring and shout the loudest and question everything you are told.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.