The Conservative Party

Listening on the radio that tax cut at the top losses the treasury £2 billion the people that benefitting number about 600k each will be £10k better off, Jesus Christ if people can’t see how they are looking after their mates then they are blind.

It doesn't lose the treasury £2bn because it all gets re-invested in the country which boosts the economy and leads to increased taxes elsewhere. Come on mate, it's pretty simple. That richest £600k are hardly going to sit on that extra money, stick it in off-shore accounts or invest it in stocks and shares or on foreign holidays. They'll be employing local builders to get their extension built, buying local food and veg and dare I say they'll probably chuck in a tip or two when they go to their local nandos.

Isn't this a deliberate ploy by Labour?

Starmer plays this diplomatic, boring, unite the nation character, while his front bench attack the Conservatives directly.

Starmer is capable of being much more aggressive but whether it's a good plan or not, I think Labour believe a leader of the opposition who's just complaining about the government every week on every subject turns voters off after 12 years.

Perhaps but I don't think it was working. Their strong position in the polls is down to the Tories continual fuck ups, today being the nail in their coffin. Labour should just turn up with popcorn. It's a waiting game now, they'll be in at the next election.

Wasn't it proved that it was mostly assurances that funding would be provided, only for the funding not to have been provided yet?
It is committed spend, but they are all medium/long term projects. Whether we get future rounds is unclear now, it was mainly going on thing like public realm projects in town centres, so it was never a silver bullet.

It doesn't lose the treasury £2bn because it all gets re-invested in the country which boosts the economy and leads to increased taxes elsewhere. Come on mate, it's pretty simple. That richest £600k are hardly going to sit on that extra money, stick it in off-shore accounts or invest it in stocks and shares or on foreign holidays. They'll be employing local builders to get their extension built, buying local food and veg and dare I say they'll probably chuck in a tip or two when they go to their local nandos.
I like your thinking ;)

I am only just getting to grips with this but have to admit I'm struggling. In fact I think we are having the piss taken like never before.

A cut in income tax from £0.20p to £0.19p for the majority of the population who are in most need while anyone earning over £150k a year gets a cut from 45% down to 40%.

The key thing had to be getting money moving through the economy, it has to go to the right areas.
Alot of these icome tax savings are going to end up sat in some huge bank accounts.

Cunts.
Its a double bubble if you are getting paid over £150k per annum, which is approximately 665k of the population, you will get the benefits of the 1% cut on your earning below £50k plus the 5% cut in everything above £150k. But what really tells the story is the markets reaction to this with the $ trading at $1.11 to the £.

Who knows what happens now but unless the majority of economist are wrong then we really are in trouble. Who would have thought that getting rid of Johnson could get worse. Or maybe he was just paving the way ?

Or they pay to put their kids through private school on which they pay no VAT. Or they put the extra into tax efficient trusts to benefit their kids. Or they buy a few more buy to lets. Or they do indeed buy stocks and shares as the markets continue to fall over the next few months...shall I go on?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.