The Conservative Party

If an international company or a wealth fund has an investment choice between countries, development cost is a major factor. So yes a weak pound will help sway that decision somewhat towards the UK. Its not the only factor obviously. Its not economic rocket science.
WE can look forward to Rees Mogg moving his back from Dublin then......

Thanks for the economic lesson. It's been a while since I spent 5 years studying the subject.

I'll return the favour.....you are naive to think that and marginalise the plethora of other issues: likely squeeze on public sector funding (including transport infrastructure), land is overpriced (even accounting for favourable FOREX), low productivity, poorly skilled workforce, labour supply issues, uncertainty about what trade markets can be accessed, likely future squeeze on incomes etc.. There are more obvious issues, as well as the seemingly back of a fag packet analysis of the impact of fiscal, and wider economic, policies. We are a basket case.

Of course nobody saw any of this coming did they? I mean everything has been going swimmingly until THUD this landed

Thanks for the economic lesson. It's been a while since I spent 5 years studying the subject.

I'll return the favour.....you are naive to think that and marginalise the plethora of other issues: likely squeeze on public sector funding (including transport infrastructure), land is overpriced (even accounting for favourable FOREX), low productivity, poorly skilled workforce, labour supply issues, uncertainty about what trade markets can be accessed, likely future squeeze on incomes etc.. There are more obvious issues, as well as the seemingly back of a fag packet analysis of the impact of fiscal, and wider economic, policies. We are a basket case.
What part of will help sway and it's not the only factor, don't you understand.

What part of will help sway and it's not the only factor, don't you understand.
Most international investors will want to invest in a country where there is easy access to a large market. That ship sailed a couple of years ago and a weak pound is a sticking plaster to put on a huge hole in a sinking ship.

They are telling us that these extremely expensive and risky measures are to attract business and important workers into the UK. So why the fuck did they force a hard brexit that drove business and important workers out of the UK?
After years in the EU they decided the only way to redress the balance was to leave. The EU acted as a brake on their robbing ways, the millions we were supposed to save for the NHS they are going to enrich the lives of the rich.

Isn't it funny that the majority of those issues you state could have been addressed if we were part of that European Union thingy. At least now we have those good old passports back though. Even if it costs us £20bn per annum compared to our EU membership net costs.

Presumably these changes announced by the chancellor will need voting through by parliament?

If so, are there enough Tory MPs that recognise the sheer folly of these tax changes to vote against the government?

Can’t see it unfortunately.
No can't see it either if we are talking defeat but any level of decent given its a brand new PM is big news. Are they united behind this? The number of no votes and abstentions will be interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.