The Conservative Party

I was in the pub last night and heard the classic, “imagine how much worse it’d be under Labour“. These were people who will have seen next to no benefit from the last 6 years and yet, as sure as eggs is eggs, they’ll be putting a cross in the Tory box whenever they next get the chance. It’s unfathomable…..
I oft wonder if it gives people succour to think like that. By voting Conservative, even when they have enjoyed no material benefit under their rule, they delude themselves into thinking that they are somehow doing better than they are and not suffering like others.

I oft wonder if it gives people succour to think like that. By voting Conservative, even when they have enjoyed no material benefit under their rule, they delude themselves into thinking that they are somehow doing better than they are and not suffering like others.
Who needs armed soldiers to insure you vote the correct way, when you have morons like this in the country.

I was in the pub last night and heard the classic, “imagine how much worse it’d be under Labour“. These were people who will have seen next to no benefit from the last 6 years and yet, as sure as eggs is eggs, they’ll be putting a cross in the Tory box whenever they next get the chance. It’s unfathomable…..
Can you imagine what the hysteria would be like if the pound tanked under a labour govt like it has in the last 48hrs? - there'd be a military coup. The only positive I can see from the current situation is that the myth of Tory economic competence should at least be dispelled

Can you imagine what the hysteria would be like if the pound tanked under a labour govt like it has in the last 48hrs? - there'd be a military coup. The only positive I can see from the current situation is that the myth of Tory economic competence should at least be dispelled
There were two myths exposed yesterday " Tories are the party of fiscal competence " and " We are all in it together".

Some of these will be irredeemable but I hope that a lot of floating voters, the ones I think of as non-conviction voters will be swayed.
In 2019 these floaters basically voted en masse for 3 things.
1- Boris Johnson. Whatever you think about him, he was seen as unorthodox and a real good guy just like us and he was going to shake things up and get things done including of course brexit. Now totally discredited and gone.
2- ‘get brexit done’.The notion that he was going to achieve the impossible dream and all its attendant riches and deliver us from the ‘evil’ EU and make us great again.Now totally discredited and seen as a demonstrable failure.
3- Getting tough on immigrants. Well, just look at the latest numbers of arrivals and the embarrassing Rwanda episode.
3 central reasons that traditionally non-conservatives voted for them. All now shown to be discredited.
At least, that’s what I’m hoping.

my wife was told she had three months to live ....issued with a DS1500 .... and then invited to a work capability assessment .. your worries about the disabled are too late
Sorry to hear about your wife. There seems to be a focus on disability benefit entitlement yet investigation of UC fraud is pretty much limited to capital , occ pen and not caring

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.