The Conservative Party

There were two myths exposed yesterday " Tories are the party of fiscal competence " and " We are all in it together".
Think those had been fluttering in the wind long before yesterday.

What we discovered yesterday is that we have a Chancellor who has no costed plan but is sure that his plan will work simply because the other plan wasn’t working!

my wife was told she had three months to live ....issued with a DS1500 .... and then invited to a work capability assessment .. your worries about the disabled are too late
Very sorry to hear about your wife.

Hope the DWP are just incompetent rather than deliberately inviting her to an assessment in spite of her situation.

Bonfire of the Cabinet Committees: put out on the qt last night (I know, who'd have thought they'd do that type of thing?).
19 committees reduced to 5 - foreign/security; economic; home affairs; climate change; parliamentary business/legislation.

So no more National Security Committee with actual security people like spy chiefs/armed forces. Instead it's Truss, Kwarteng (Chancellor), Braverman (Home), Tugendhat (Security), Zahawi (um - Chancellor of Duchy of Lancaster/Equalities/Intergovernment Relations), Coffey (Dep PM), Wallace (Defence), Cleverley (Foreign) Ellis (AG)
What's the point of that then?

Oh, and the previous National Security Advisor has been booted (former top civil servant in the MoD, well, he was far far too woke), and replaced with a former ambassador (once rep to the EU security committee and Brexit negotiator).

The minister for climate isn't actually on the Climate Change committee. Um....

Expectations are that the Foreign/Security Committee is now so broad and includes so much that it won't achieve anything apart from talk.

If the policy was sound the pound wouldn’t be collapsing especially with interest rates going up. The pound collapsing with the backdrop of higher interest rates is a sure fire indication that huge tax cuts for the very rich funded by massive borrowing is a really bad idea, and any marginal gains of the weak pound helping exports or in encouraging overseas investment are blown out of the water by excessive inflation and the sanctions we have imposed on ourselves due to our catastrophic implementation of Brexit.

Making a big deal of the benefits of a weak pound in these circumstances is like saying the lifeboats did a decent job on the Titanic even though the ship still sank.
Merited a double like!

It might not wash with you but you don't count apart from having an opinion, it's the electorate that counts. I can't wait for the end of Tory rule and my point still stands if the Labour party would have supported Brexit (Rightly or wrongly) they would IMO have won the last GE.

They will win the next one IMO and by a considerable margin. I will vote for them as they stand now.
So you think Labour should have supported Brexit despite knowing it was hugely damaging to the UK economy.

That's very Trussish. Sorry, Trussitry.

I saw this mentioned on the BBC last night too:

"these plans were described as a “fiscal event” rather than a budget, allowing the government to avoid presenting any detailed fiscal or economic projections"
Maybe it means they can't call the bill a finance bill so the Lords aren't obliged to let it go through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.