The Conservative Party

Not trawling through this thread, but the left's objections to the removal of the cap on bankers' bonuses is deeply flawed and the media coverage of it, pitiful.

It's as if the left think the government pays the bankers. They do not; the banks do.

Removing the cap isn't the government "giving the rich" anything, because they aren't giving them anything in the first place. In fact, if the bankers get paid more and since 99.99% of them, if not 100% are on PAYE, then the government will receive more tax, not less.

All this change is about is the government saying (quite rightly), "how much a company wants to pay its employees is fuck all to do with the government, and it is entirely wrong for the government to be meddling in companies' affairs by setting wage caps".

If wage caps on bankers' bonuses are OK, then why not caps on footballers pay? So we could encourage all the top talent to fuck off out of the UK and play abroad. I am sure that would be popular, NOT. So it seems people are quite happy for us to attract the best footballers with attractive pay packages, but that's not OK for our banks? That's a ludicrous position for the lefties to take. Many are bitter and resentful idiots though, so not unexpected.
That's fine, but... The banks are regularly fined for breaking the law, pay their fines and move on, and then do the same a few years later. Now if there were some sensible caveats to when and how much bonuses were then fine, but this gives them carte blanche to carry on in the same way.

There is no evidence that the bonus and tax regime is a disincentive to attracting the right people. This is more about the fact that this was an EU wide policy.

I would have liked to see something a little more inventive than this mini budget.

I was wondering if there would be any practical way to put a one off tax on savings.

For example to freeze all bank and investment accounts overnight and Tax everyone say 1%
Someone with £100 in the bank would just be taxed £1.00
Someone with £1000 in the bank would just be taxed £10.00
Someone with £50,000 in the bank would be taxed £500
Someone with £1,000000 in the bank would be taxed £10,000

Seems a fair way of raising some cash with the lowest incomes paying the least while the highest income pay the most. Wherever anyone sits the impact is the same.
So you want to take even more money off people, by implementing a second tax after they've already paid tax on their earnings? Plus all the mega rich would just move their money off shore to avoid it, and your avarage Joe would just keep it under the mattress.

Not trawling through this thread, but the left's objections to the removal of the cap on bankers' bonuses is deeply flawed and the media coverage of it, pitiful.

It's as if the left think the government pays the bankers. They do not; the banks do.

Removing the cap isn't the government "giving the rich" anything, because they aren't giving them anything in the first place. In fact, if the bankers get paid more and since 99.99% of them, if not 100% are on PAYE, then the government will receive more tax, not less.

All this change is about is the government saying (quite rightly), "how much a company wants to pay its employees is fuck all to do with the government, and it is entirely wrong for the government to be meddling in companies' affairs by setting wage caps".

If wage caps on bankers' bonuses are OK, then why not caps on footballers pay? So we could encourage all the top talent to fuck off out of the UK and play abroad. I am sure that would be popular, NOT. So it seems people are quite happy for us to attract the best footballers with attractive pay packages, but that's not OK for our banks? That's a ludicrous position for the lefties to take. Many are bitter and resentful idiots though, so not unexpected.
Oh dear chippy. The block on bankers bonuses came about to prevent the banking catastrophe where bankers would do anything to get their bonus and that led to the banking collapse.

There is no evidence that the bonus and tax regime is a disincentive to attracting the right people. This is more about the fact that this was an EU wide policy.
Honestly, I don't care, and I put it to you, neither should you. It's got bugger all to do with us.

Government should be about providing a safe environment for the able to maximise their potential and a safety net for the less able so they can manage. Fundamentally, that's it. The rest is bollocks IMO.

Saying "we won't let company A pay Fred more than X" is needless - and IMO counter-productive - meddling. Fuck all do with anyone other than the company and Fred, and if necessary, his union if he's in one.

In reality most of the general public are probably more concerned about paying their bills and putting food on the table.
It’s only proper cunts who care about the rich getting richer. It’s a mindset, a Tory mindset at that and it says a lot about a person when they defend a party that is ripping the country apart in plain sight by throwing in accusations of ‘lefties’ being bitter and resentful.

Oh dear chippy. The block on bankers bonuses came about to prevent the banking catastrophe where bankers would do anything to get their bonus and that led to the banking collapse.
In part it did. But that was wrong then and wrong now. The banking collapse was brought about by lack of regulation and lack of proper controls. And those are what's needed to prevent re-occurrence, not meddling with pay arrangements.

They will spend the next 2 years encriching themselves and their buddies until the next election, then passing on the omnishambles to Labour

In reality most of the general public are probably more concerned about paying their bills and putting food on the table.
It’s only proper cunts who care about the rich getting richer. It’s a mindset, a Tory mindset at that and it says a lot about a person when they defend a party that is ripping the country apart in plain sight by throwing in accusations of ‘lefties’ being bitter and resentful.
I agree with your first sentence. As the rest of it, usual lefty bollocks. I am not a banker. I couldn#t give a shit how much bankers earn, because I am not a lefty bitter or resentful shite. It's got fuck all to do with me.

hi, past experiences mate . i was wary of Blair, but him being a Tory lite i thought he can't be that bad. they all but bankrupt the country . it's all well and good being a " do gooder " but it has to be paid for . that's why I am so disappointed with this government . they are going the same way.
i'll be ok, i'm comfortable , but my kids and their kids will pay for this for decades . not just in money but in services etc. i can help for now but i'll be dead by 2024, after that they are on their own . i have been called selfish in this thread , damn right i am. nobody has given me a thing , nor do I want owt.
i almost want a Labour victory to punish the Tories for their arrogance and complacency.
Another one eh Bill!! ‘nobody has given me a thing’?? I assume you were born in a hospital or at home with NHS nurses in attendance and been to the doctors during your lifetime, been to school at all? Or maybe onto university? All free; all roads, pavements etc are all free to use, I could go on but you get the idea. None so blind eh Bill, Bungalow Bill we call people like you - nowt upstairs.

I agree with your first sentence. As the rest of it, usual lefty bollocks. I am not a banker. I couldn#t give a shit how much bankers earn, because I am not a lefty bitter or resentful shite. It's got fuck all to do with me.
Lefty bollocks! Haha! I suppose being a selfish **** is the way forward and we know you’re a selfish **** because most of your posts on these kinds of threads come with big flashing neon sign that say ‘I’m chippy and I’m a selfish ****’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.