The Conservative Party

Corbyn would be far better than this. I hate the man, but his policies would not have destroyed our economy, his incompetence maybe but it would not be deliberate.
Fuck me, the budget is less than 1 working day old. Now I can understand lefties not wanted to even consider that these policies might actually work, but even so.

Let's revisit this is a year or so and see how things are doing. If the economy is "destroyed" by then, well fair enough. But after less than 1 day? Give over.

Fuck me, the budget is less than 1 working day old. Now I can understand lefties not wanted to even consider that these policies might actually work, but even so.

Let's revisit this is a year or so and see how things are doing. If the economy is "destroyed" by then, well fair enough. But after less than 1 day? Give over.
What is a year going to do? The mega rich will keep more of their money. Everyone else is worse off today than they were a week ago because of the collapse of the pound. As inflation continues to outpace wages and pensions etc this will just get worse. So after a year of 95%+ of us being worse off how are things going to get any better?

There is zero evidence that the Truss plan is going to work, in fact there is significant evidence already that its going to be a disaster.

Is it just unlucky that the pound is tanking following our change in direction, or is it like Brexit, a total coincidence.

That note, origin and author unknown, most assume refers to the fact that Bown's government bailed out the Banks and therefore massively increased public debt. Something that pretty much every western government did and which the tories supported. It was 100% not by choice.
So when Labour are in power and world events cause economic disaster and hardship, it's not Labours fault. But when the Tories are in power, and with COVID we have the worst economic shock since WW2, immediately followed by a war in Europe causing a 10X increase in gas prices, the lefties on here say the Tories are to blame for our predicament. Right.

If the economy is destroyed, then fair enough? That just about sums up the current policy.….
I’m just hoping some grown ups will take charge sooner rather than later.

Iv seen through the rubbish that they're just giving money to the rich. They're obviously trying to kick start things again.

they seem to have thought about the political impact of this policy but they don't seem to have thought about the market reaction. I don't see anything about that, no forewarning, no planning for that, just doubling down on their commitments.

The whole thing reeks of amateurish, we've got people in charge that are third rate politicians, the only ones left after the various culls that have happened.

So how you can even mention "lefties"as if that's caused this I don't know. We've had a right wing govn and media fire the last ten years or so and it has failed miserably absolute failure, I can't think of anything they achieved that makes this country "better off"

Yes let's wait until another entire forest has burned down and reassess instead of putting out that very obvious and blatant fire that's quite clearly kicked off over the past couple of days. What's the worst that can happen? It's only poor people that will be affected and who cares about them hey?

'Lefties' ffs. Yeah, the global market is just all ran by lefties tanking the pound in outrage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.