The Conservative Party

Rubbish. You didn't buy your stuff from Morrisons this morning in US dollars. Until that filters through - and maybe the pound will recover - no-one is worse off.

There's plenty of evidence of cutting taxes being a positive boost the economy. Stop being so closed minded and wait to see if it works. It well might.
Unconditional Tory policy support without any rational thinking. They'll be proud of you.

I seriously wonder sometimes that if things pick up, some of the posters on here will be disappointed.

£1 was 1.08 on Thursday and now it's 1.07 have recovered nearly all the losses after the initial market reaction. We're less than 1 day in.

So because we have come back from a record low of 1.06 to 1.08 its all going great is it?

united-kingdom-currency.png

The only problem with your assertion is that the country was heading for the dustbin well before anyone had heard of Covid.
10 years of pointless austerity, when borrowing costs were lower than they’ve ever been and are likely to ever be in the future. Infrastructure building would then have made a massive difference to the here and now.
Proper insulation for all would have been a fraction of the cost of supporting the energy companies prices. Replacing Victorian sewers would have saved billions of gallons of water and meant we weren’t pouring actual shit into the rivers and seas. Hospitals literally falling down, no workforce to speak of because of ideology. Improving existing railway networks and increasing capacity giving later service availability. Putting in a network of car charging points BEFORE announcing petrol and diesel cars being phased out.
Lack of willingness to train our own healthcare workers (we’re actually going to red list countries to get them now, which is shameful), when many thousands are applying but the numbers are capped. Food banks being lauded as some sort of social philanthropy scheme and school children being sacrificed, as usual, unless you can pay.
Can’t believe you’re still coming on here, defending this series of policies that NOBODY voted for, not even you. It seems you’re truly locked into the cult and so wedded to ideology, you can’t see beyond it.

I do seem to remember that you were crying out for a ‘big state’ when covid swooped in and terrified the life out of you and, how you felt then, is how millions feel now.
Whilst I can see the attractiveness of splurging on infrastructure spending when rates are low and borrowing is cheap, where would we be now, had we done that and THEN found there was a couple of hundred billion more needed to pay for COVID? Hard to imagine how we would not be in a worse place economically.

It could well be, but how can we prove that? They have flags in the background of every media clip released, so they must love their country, right?

The biggest question for me is what can we do as a people to get us out of this tailspin best?
There has to come a point where the people take the reins away from them and force us to a GE.

There has to come a point where the people take the reins away from them and force us to a GE.
Absolutely, but even that isn’t a given. Even then, they have 18 months to fuck us up more, especially if it is deliberate.

Then, the next 5 years will be utterly grim, whoever is in will lose power and it begins again in 2030.

Unconditional Tory policy support without any rational thinking. They'll be proud of you.
I am not even a big fan of the Tories. I am a fan of conversative - small c - policies.

If you want to talk about unconditional, it's the unconditional lefty opposition on here which is more striking. Not a soul even prepared to contemplate (a) that the economic crisis at the moment is not all the Tories fault (when patently it isn't) and (b) that the new approach Truss is taking might actually work.

I am not even a big fan of the Tories. I am a fan of conversative - small c - policies.

If you want to talk about unconditional, it's the unconditional lefty opposition on here which is more striking. Not a soul even prepared to contemplate (a) that the economic crisis at the moment is not all the Tories fault (when patently it isn't) and (b) that the new approach Truss is taking might actually work.
These aren't small c conservative policies though are they. They are too big C even for many sitting conservatives.

So because we have come back from a record low of 1.06 to 1.08 its all going great is it?

united-kingdom-currency.png
No, and I said as much if you bothered to read my post. I suppose this is the Tories fault as well, and nothing to do with the dollar getting stronger:

1664186070484.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.