The Conservative Party

They are all out of their depth, and I can’t really see anyway out for them, other than Truss being kicked out sometime early next year.

After today’s statements from Kwarteng and the Bank, they’ve put themselves under incredible pressure at the first opportunity - all unnecessarily of course - and it’s still a hell of a long way from the November MPC meeting. I’m sure they’ll be another run on the pound in the next few days and people will be taking on the Bank’s resolve.

The problem I have is trying to fathom what the clowns will do next. Thinking rationally, I couldn’t for the live of me see why they would even consider Truss as PM, and I couldn’t believe what they did on Friday, all coming so soon after the utility price commitment.
Without any evidence I am 1 million percent convinced that Crispin Odey was pulling Kwarteng strings and instructed him to do what he did, knowing it would cause a run on the pound. There really does need to be an enquiry (but who the fuck would we trust to run it) to establish when he probably sold millions of pounds he never had and then buy them back cheaply.

No wonder the idiot Kwarteng wasn't saying anything today.

I don't think there has ever been such a blatant example of fixing and incompetence on this scale in a single event in public office.

They are evil.
Some of them aren’t that evil, some are.
Some of them are already fascists, some are not yet.
But what they all are is enablers.
They create conditions for things to prosper, without getting their own hands dirty.
All they do is enable the City of London, the very very rich and the land owning gentry. The trickle argument is a myth

Whilst I can see the attractiveness of splurging on infrastructure spending when rates are low and borrowing is cheap, where would we be now, had we done that and THEN found there was a couple of hundred billion more needed to pay for COVID? Hard to imagine how we would not be in a worse place economically.
Er, wouldn't infrastructure spending have boosted the economy?

Without any evidence I am 1 million percent convinced that Crispin Odey was pulling Kwarteng strings and instructed him to do what he did, knowing it would cause a run on the pound.

Spot fucking on - thats why Kwarteng is taking until 23rd Nov to tell us why he has done what he has - Odey needs that amount of time to retro - fit and explanation to it all

Without any evidence I am 1 million percent convinced that Crispin Odey was pulling Kwarteng strings and instructed him to do what he did, knowing it would cause a run on the pound. There really does need to be an enquiry (but who the fuck would we trust to run it) to establish when he probably sold millions of pounds he never had and then buy them back cheaply.

No wonder the idiot Kwarteng wasn't saying anything today.

I don't think there has ever been such a blatant example of fixing and incompetence on this scale in a single event in public office.
Wouldn't that be a clear cut case of insider trading though?

Wouldn't that be a clear cut case of insider trading though?
Absolutely 100%. I genuinely don't believe that Kwarteng is intelligent enough to know that or what he has been drawn into, he's just been told to keep his council until as @bluethrunthru states above Odey has covered his tracks sufficiently.

There will be a Television drama based on this one day!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.