The Conservative Party

Not sure that's true, if you look at the legal costs they rack up in the US fighting death sentences, it's astronomocal.
That's the thing about any legal system, the lawyers always win.

Lawyers exhausting appeals for people sentenced to death isn't "the lawyers winning" it's part of a fair justice system.

Also most people on death row can't afford a private lawyer, so they rely on public defenders or charities, who barely make enough money to keep the lights on.

Death penalty has never nor never will be a deterrent. I doubt many murderers go out thinking about the consequences.
You say that, but if I was undecided on a Saturday night between watching strictly or listening to the voices in my head telling me to pop out and bludgeon prozies to death with a claw hammer, the threat of the death penalty would tip the balance in favour of a night in - particularly with the weather turning at present.

Just a gentle reminder that the Conservatives haven't enacted legislation that benefited everybody since the Clean Air Act of 1956.

That wouldn’t have benefitted everyone … surely only those in cities? I can’t think of a single policy post ww2 other than the NHS that can be said to benefit everyone. Free state education would probably be the only other thing I can think of but that was what 1930ish??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.