The Conservative Party

I think I should make my position clear on capital punishment.

I’m in favour of bringing it back for the following:

1. Murder of anyone serving in the armed forces, police and other emergency services.
2. Anyone who kills a child.

That’s it

And if someone gets wrongly convicted of either of those counts, you’re happy with the consequences?

I take it that the party want a one person commitment from all, eradicating the need for a members vote. With what we saw during the fracking vote, will the whips be person-handling people to move one way or the other?

It’s an opinion based on 100 mps publicly declaring for him and that’s without about 50 that voted for him last time having said anything yet.

If anyone else gets above 100 they’ll still be nowhere near him and get pressure to pull out before it goes to members votes.
Wouldn't expect anyone with over 100 votes to pull out. This is their last chance at being PM so would expect them to hang in there until voted out

Wouldn't expect anyone with over 100 votes to pull out. This is their last chance at being PM so would expect them to hang in there until voted out

They’d be under immense pressure from the party, they don’t want it to go to the members. If there’s, say, an 80 mp difference between first and second and the second wins a members vote, the parliamentary party is still completely screwed.

Admittedly they’re pretty screwed whatever they choose but that would be the last thing they’d want.

There is no such thing as unfunded tax cuts. There is only unfunded public spending. As for a treasury mandarin, no one gives a fuck. Except treasury mandarins, of course.

Frankly, the state is bloated and needs to be cut back substantially. I’d start with firing half of the admin and clerical staff in the NHS. I worked in NHS trusts for 14 man years and they are a leech on the system.

Taxes need to be cut (maybe not now given the economic situation but eventually, yes) and the state needs to be smallet.

No. Brexit means the state will have to be larger, ie more regulatory bodies, more custom staff, more of everything. The functions that we subcontracted out to the EU now have to be done in-house. Additionally, Brexit increased the red tape and admin for the State and industry to deal with. The sooner people engage with reality the better off we will be.

This living in la-la land, is why markets are increasingly skittish over the UK’s prospects and credit rating agencies keep lowering our rating.

In short, we have run out road and unicorns.

They’d be under immense pressure from the party, they don’t want it to go to the members. If there’s, say, an 80 mp difference between first and second and the second wins a members vote, the parliamentary party is still completely screwed.

Admittedly they’re pretty screwed whatever they choose but that would be the last thing they’d want.
We thankfully don't have too long to see what unfolds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.