The Conservative Party

Mark Spencer (whoever he is) talking absolute shite on 5 live just now, trying to suggest efficiencies aren’t cutbacks and trying to take credit for the PPE the government got hold off during the pandemic. Most of which couldn’t be used.

Not significantly increasing public spending will be a cut back. A council finance director told me that the rise in inflation and utility bills is going to cost the authority an additional £11m. I would imagine that is fairly typical for a metropolitan council. When you consider that a 1 percentage point increase in council tax will deliver, roughly, around £1m, then councils will have no choice but to make significant cuts even if funding remained the same (it won't). When c70% is spent on social care, you can see where this going.

Loyalty is a really important quality to me. It’s something I admire in others and like to think I possess in large quantities, but the cult that surrounds Johnson goes way beyond that.

It’s both weird and sinister and the levels these cunts take it to betrays a complete absence of self-respect. Embarrassing cunts.
Loyalty above talent though?

Just seen an interview with Tory members who apoplectic that they weren’t given a vote to keep the Asian descendant out of the top seat. Do these idiots think that people forget who they’ve just voted in with abstract failure?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.