The Conservative Party

It’s a bit early to campaign for the reintroduction of the death penalty in the U.K.

Give it another 25 years of crap education and we may become Neanderthal enough to return to the dark ages.
Nice dig! If you are suggesting there are not crimes that deserve complete removal from society, I disagree.

In the unlikely event that it is true when Johnson claimed that he had over 100 votes amongst Tory MP's in the ballot, we have to assume that 1 of every 3.5 of our elected Conservative representatives in Parliament still supported him. I find that baffling.

Nice old quote from a Labour MP about the appointment of Braverman and Sunak's "integrity".

"The more he spoke of his honesty, the faster we counted the spoons."

I am a big fan of the BBC and what it does. Apart from its news channel. For so called impartial coverage its feels today its trying to soften us up to get fucked in the arse with a batbed wire dildo with Austerity part 2.

The narrative of "There is no alternative" has boiled my piss. There are alternatives to screwing us over, bit that woul mean the PM and others dighing into their pockets to pay for it.

That, along with FFS penalty has really boiled my piss today.
There is a terrible degree of navel gazing in the U.K. that means people quickly accept things that may not be the best solution. Everyone agrees that things need to be paid for, but it is the ‘how’ where people diverge. Every European country has gone through COVID, every European country is facing the challenges presented by the war on Ukraine, so the media should be highlighting what these other countries are doing to alleviate the pain. Sometimes it’s the same, sometimes it’s quite different, but if you are terrified of looking across La Manche for fear of being accused of stoking Brexit embers, then you won’t learn and you will just accept Austerity 2.0.

Next week's economic statement put back to Nov 17th - so not far off when Kwarteng first said and had to bring it forward.

They obviously don't like the OBR report.

I can see the value of hoping things are better by then.
It's apparently going to have an OBR report on it though.

As I predicted yesterday he walked right into the Braverman trap didn't he? When asked " did he go against advice " he couldn't answer yes coz he'd be fucked but couldn't say no for the same reason. Labour then get an emergency question and there are calls for an investigation. Within minutes Sir Simon Case the Cabinet Office Secretary (who is said to be livid about her appointment so its probably his advice that was overruled ) is conducting an investigation.

So day 2 and already scandals and investigations because of his need to appease the EGR wankers.

Oh and as I type he has re-introduced the fracking moratorium after he said he was standing by the 2019 manifesto and it was pointed out that was in the said document. Tits up inside a couple of days possibly his first sacking within the week - glad the adults are back in charge

If Sunak turns out to be boring enough to take the Tory's away from the limelight for a bit, and they get lucky with dropping wholesale prices of gas into 2023, will the electorate begin to side with them again? I mean, they're ratings will rebound a little bit anyway after Tragic Truss, but I am worried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.