The Conservative Party

you know how the bang on about energy security and how nuclear must be part of the answer - well this is what is coming out of the other side of their mouths

One of only a handful of governments who think choking off investment in a recession is a good idea and the 1930’s are about to say hello to us all.

I’m not sure even the people who voted to ‘go back to some mythical time‘ had the 1930’s depression in mind as their destination…….

In more shock news, the Northern Powerhouse rail upgrade has been scrapped. Shapps talking absolute bollox as usual

Mr Shapps said: “Across the Pennines, connecting places like Manchester to Leeds and bringing that journey down to half an hour – which is what we said we would do in that manifesto – is in fact happening already,” he said.

“The line itself can deliver a 33-minute journey from Manchester to Leeds, nearly quadruple the capacity of that line and do so without having to wait an extra 20 years beyond the delivery of what the upgrade can do.

33 minutes???

Nigel Harris, editor in chief of Rail magazine, called Mr Shapps a “world class communicator of utter claptrap”.

you know how the bang on about energy security and how nuclear must be part of the answer - well this is what is coming out of the other side of their mouths

I posted ages ago that HS1 would never run beyond Birmingham. Nuclear energy is now another under scrutiny with overseas investors backing out. Let’s see what they do with the c£20b needed to refurbish the Houses of Parliament? Create a Parliament building next to Dover docks I say.
They have no money for essential long term infrastructure projects. The nasty party have been complicit in mortgaging and pissing away all our futures.

I posted ages ago that HS1 would never run beyond Birmingham. Nuclear energy is now another under scrutiny with overseas investors backing out. Let’s see what they do with the c£20b needed to refurbish the Houses of Parliament? Create a Parliament building next to Dover docks I say.
They have no money for essential long term infrastructure projects. The nasty party have been complicit in mortgaging and pissing away all our futures.

Yeah but do infrastructure projects bring growth though..... what?....... oh they do !!

Wtf? ‘Old folks’ voted for the Tories did they? Well they didn’t in Scotland and yet we will have similar cuts. It depends on how the Scottish government prioritise where the cuts land I suppose. Quite a sweeping statement that mate and I feel rather harsh.
The % of voters aged 55 or over increased in Scotland at the last election it jumped from 22% to 31%. They’re the largest block of tory voters in Scotland.

The % of voters aged 55 or over increased in Scotland at the last election it jumped from 22% to 31%. They’re the largest block of tory voters in Scotland.
So the majority of over 55s didn't vote for the tories then.
Sorry I'm missing your point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.