The Conservative Party

Yes. As far back as September we had to wait longer than normal because there was a backlog. They were running about a week late at the time but I imagine it's exacerbated as we get into winter season.
Covid means lots of old folk may not have seen a Dr for the last couple of years to so a greater proportion will need pm's doing (lack of recent med history).

Yes. As far back as September we had to wait longer than normal because there was a backlog. They were running about a week late at the time but I imagine it's exacerbated as we get into winter season.
I'm still not sure why undertakers would send a hearse before they'd got release of the body by the coroner.

strong point well made

Big increases in paediatric admissions last week with hypothermia and iron deficiency anaemia. That’s getting cold and not eating properly. For the 6th richest country in the world it’s an absolute scandal………………………………..

Big increases in paediatric admissions last week with hypothermia and iron deficiency anaemia. That’s getting cold and not eating properly. For the 6th richest country in the world it’s an absolute scandal………………………………..
We’re not the 6th richest country, we‘re morally bankrupt.

Just to be clear

exit lounges are not what they say - they are a place to put patients into a chair for a day before they have to readmit a lot of them as their condition has worsened

virtual wards means just sending people and monitoring them on zoom and hoping their condition doesn't worsen again so you have to readmit them

what Barclay announced today is about moving people out of corridors and off A&E floors because it embarrasses them - its time limited and is not a fix of the massive problems they have created

I'm still not sure why undertakers would send a hearse before they'd got release of the body by the coroner.

I agree, I don't think they would. Having now read back to NPBlues original comment I understand the confusion. I assume the issue about having to go to a different mortuary because someone has been moved could be caused by capacity problems resulting from a backlog of PMs but that doesn't apply to the comment about queuing. You would have thought that was more likely to be a result of lack of resources at the mortuary to process the actual physical release rather than anything to do with a PM backlog.

Just to be clear

exit lounges are not what they say - they are a place to put patients into a chair for a day before they have to readmit a lot of them as their condition has worsened

virtual wards means just sending people and monitoring them on zoom and hoping their condition doesn't worsen again so you have to readmit them

what Barclay announced today is about moving people out of corridors and off A&E floors because it embarrasses them - its time limited and is not a fix of the massive problems they have created
Your last four words sums it up precisely. 'Problems they have created'.

23,000 hospital beds gone. 50,000 doctors and nurses gone. Bursaries to trainees gone. Funding for social care reduced, all under the disguise of austerity which was carried out after handing their friends £23B in tax cuts.

In typical tory fashion, they have, as always, spent their years in power reducing everything to the point at which nothing works safely. It was the same when they neglected the railways in the 80's and 90's. It cost numerous lives in accidents as a result, but it cost over £60B to put their short term lack of planning right.

Police numbers were reduced and youth intervention programmes were abolished. That lack of foresight is now manifesting itself in knife crime and record numbers of unsolved burglaries and other recorded incidents without being solved.

It does my head in when they proudly proclaim they are going to tacke our concerns when they are manifestly to blame for the reduction in public services we were happy with before they came to power and chose to destroy for political reasons.

What did the twats do at the last budget in these times of hardship for so many?

Reduce the tax burden for their sponsors in the City.

We’re not the 6th richest country, we‘re morally bankrupt.

Ive posted this before ..... but its relevant today . The way we measure ''richest'' is totally wrong.

( If only .....if only we had politicians of his calibre around today. )

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.