The Conservative Party

How does this make sense? Why would there be a delay in letting hearses collect bodies?

There might be more need for a post mortem if someone has died waiting for a bed, and maybe a wait for the pm, but the undertaker will not be called until a death certificate has been issued.

Councils had temporary mortuaries prepared during Covid but most weren't needed, so why would this be happening now?
Excess deaths generally (non covid)?

How does this make sense? Why would there be a delay in letting hearses collect bodies?

There might be more need for a post mortem if someone has died waiting for a bed, and maybe a wait for the pm, but the undertaker will not be called until a death certificate has been issued.

Councils had temporary mortuaries prepared during Covid but most weren't needed, so why would this be happening now?

Pretty certain I’d read the other day that there was delays in PM’s taking place due to a shortage of Pathologists.

Add in excess winter deaths and it could be that. I’m with you though as it’s probably nothing the NHS doesn’t experience most winters.

_128218729_optimised-healthcare-spending-annual-bars-nc-3.png

_126569341_optimised-doctors_and_nurses-nc.png

Ah but it’s “incrementally more”* year on year (bar 2011 by the looks of it)

*(c) @Blue and true

Pretty certain I’d read the other day that there was delays in PM’s taking place due to a shortage of Pathologists.

Add in excess winter deaths and it could be that. I’m with you though as it’s probably nothing the NHS doesn’t experience most winters.

Yes. As far back as September we had to wait longer than normal because there was a backlog. They were running about a week late at the time but I imagine it's exacerbated as we get into winter season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.