The Conservative Party

FpqODd_XgAEa0xB.jpg:large

The inability to read the room - the bluff batting away of peoples lived experiences because " we know better " makes me actually think that some of these predictions that they will end up with about 20 MP/s and which I thought would never happen are actually real - they are pissing everyone off including their own support

I wouldn't fancy our chances in a prolonged war. More and more food imported, and no domestic steel industry (or owned by foreign companies).

Funny but only technically correct as the weather isn’t the main issue and Brexit is the least of the problems, in fact largely insignificant. Issues are:

1. Northern European producers didn’t plant out anywhere near their normal levels without guaranteed returns with inflated input costs. They gambled they would get paid more for producing less. That gamble failed.

2. Transportation costs are sky high. We have a sea separating us to the rest of mainland Europe. If supermarkets were prepared to pay for this extra cost and then some we’d have stock a plenty. Those costs would need to be paid by us, the consumers. Would we really be happy paying? Supermarkets presumed not and won’t gamble on paying significantly more for perishable items with a short shelf life. Republic of Ireland is also struggling with shortages due to these same issues of having a sea border.

3. Weather.

4. There is an extra cost as a result of Brexit with bureaucracy but that’s the most insignificant part. In fact barely worth mentioning.

So do we funnily enough.

No, we're aren't

Really?

Really?

I'm off to Tesco soon lad, I'll send you a picture.

4. There is an extra cost as a result of Brexit with bureaucracy but that’s the most insignificant part. In fact barely worth mentioning.

This is THE determining factor - produce from southern Spain does not have to cross any sea to be sold in any one of the other 26 states they are still in a trading bloc with. Most use the came currency. Borders? Just drive across them no need to fill in forms. No cabotage rules to get in the way - do as many drops as you need to do wherever you like. You are trading with 26 welcoming member states.

Sell to the UK? Why bother - there are so many challenges to exporting to a third party country. Queues could mean anything time sensitive could be spoiled on arrival and rejected meaning you have lost it all. Drivers reluctant to make the trip anyway because if they get jumped by stowaways the get a £10k fine PER STOWAWAY.

And you think its not worth a mention - lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.