The Conservative Party

Surprise, surprise. Nowt to do with Truss and Kwarteng then?
Well, in terms of the direct impact on the APF and to answer the question, the gilt purchases the Bank of England made in response to the problems caused by Truss and Kwarteng have already been reversed/unwound.

But, as I’ve said many times, Truss and Kwarteng were a pair of clowns and shouldn’t have been anywhere near the cabinet, let alone in the two top jobs.

Well, in terms of the direct impact on the APF and to answer the question, the gilt purchases the Bank of England made in response to the problems caused by Truss and Kwarteng have already been reversed/unwound.

But, as I’ve said many times, Truss and Kwarteng were a pair of clowns and shouldn’t have been anywhere near the cabinet, let alone in the two top jobs.
Reversed, unwound? So those higher mortgage rates aren't still going higher? How has the billions that mini budget cost been clawed back?

Reversed, unwound? So those higher mortgage rates aren't still going higher? How has the billions that mini budget cost been clawed back?

You are wasting your time with Brewster. Id they demanded he handed all his assets over to him or he swallowed the dump they took in his mouth I sense it would be all normal to him - the next GE he see's as a runaway Tory majority

You are wasting your time with Brewster. Id they demanded he handed all his assets over to him or he swallowed the dump they took in his mouth I sense it would be all normal to him - the next GE he see's as a runaway Tory majority
There’s no real point in having a discussion with you is there?

Your stock response to somebody challenging a view or offering a different opinion - even when it’s factually correct - is to revert to petty insults and name-calling. All a bit juvenile to be frank, and it adds nothing to the debate. But I suppose that’s actually your MO; to shut any discussion down and just post a load of nonsense from twitter.

Anyway, I’ve already wasted enough time on this.

I've long been a supporter of PR but its main drawback is that it doesn't prevent extremes, it gives them a voice and the chance of being in a coalition government. And look at which group the Tories joined in the European Parliament.

The last coalition in the UK had a middle of the road party enabling an ideological-driven party in an attack on the poor while enriching the rich, eventually leading to a quasi-fascist government wanting to remove human rights. Now with PR they might not have had power. Might...

PR would have stopped Brexit.
I take your point, but that coalition was the end result of the FPTP electoral system.

PR would have changed the whole landscape with regard to the number of MP's representing each party, and a different coalition would probably have emerged.

Ultimately, of course, if the country vote for various factions of right wing parties in their droves, we are going to end up with a right wing government. The same could be said for extreme left wing parties as well, but neither of those scenarios are realistic.

In reality, most voters don't support right wing parties. Another point worth considering, one you'll understand as a supporter of PR, is many more people would vote under PR because they would feel their vote would count, and enough research has taken place into voter apathy over the years that show Labour supporters would be more inclined to vote under that system.

With PR in place, it's far more likely moderate parties would increase their representation in Parliament, and extreme right wing parties, which we now have with this conservative Government, would lose theirs.

It depends on which side of the political fence you sit if you think right wing or left wing governments are good or dreadful, but compromises would have to be reached for a Government to be formed. I don't think a party representing extremes on both sides of the political spectrum would have enough MP's to be included in forming a government. They would be the absolute minority in a parliament full of MP's representing the middle ground.

There’s no real point in having a discussion with you is there?

Your stock response to somebody challenging a view or offering a different opinion - even when it’s factually correct - is to revert to petty insults and name-calling. All a bit juvenile to be frank, and it adds nothing to the debate. But I suppose that’s actually your MO; to shut any discussion down and just post a load of nonsense from twitter.

Anyway, I’ve already wasted enough time on this.

Its OK I am happy to not debate with someone who cannot accept this Tory Govt has got progressively shittier over 13 years and done more and more damage to the very fabric of the UK.

If you are happy with shit Govt and a fractured country then well done you won

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.