The Conservative Party

I know it's more complicated, but I also can't help but think how ridiculous it is that we allow tiny territories like the Cayman Islands to base their entire economy on helping corporations avoid their tax responsibilities in major countries with no backlash. How hard is "If you're based in the Cayman Islands, you're going to have a 90% tax on any money you transfer there?" Probably quite, but we sanction countries and individuals all the time for other reasons. The US put all sorts of trade barrier on Chinese stuff based on accusations of currency manipulation. Yet we can't pressure the Cayman Islands, British Virgin Islands and Jersey. In fact, we do the exact opposite and use our tax money to pay for their fucking defence. But I get the impression that there's not any genuine appetite to do anything about it given how many people in positions of power benefit from these tax havens personally, up to and including the royal family.
Any party that promised what you suggest would get my vote.

One thing might be to set out what tax avoidance is allowed.

E.g. £20k a year into ISAs.

Draw up a list and say anything else is unlawful. Mind you, that's just a start. The whole issue of tax fiddling needs a serious coat of looking at. It's quite scandalous that two people on a given income can pay different amounts of tax depending on whether or not they're on PAYE.

Of course he forgot

Jonny Meller said he had no recollection of going to the match with Gove and declined to comment further.

All that alleged crooks have to do these days is have no recollection. Then if/when they are ever brought to account (as if) they are not liable to false denials.
It's the Trumpian, Sunakian response to wrongdoing.

Jonny Meller said he had no recollection of going to the match with Gove and declined to comment further.

All that alleged crooks have to do these days is have no recollection. Then if/when they are ever brought to account (as if) they are not liable to false denials.
I would love Kier Starmer to go full on legal on these thieving Scum. Ignorance is no defence and the money always leaves a paper trail

As a legal beagle who has been Director of Public Prosecutions who is better placed to go after the wrongdoing that we have seen in the last few years?

His party political broadcast should be a promise to go after all the stolen money, to cancel the bent/corrupt unfavourable contracts and to put the bad guys behind bars.

For starters that would be the likes of Paula Vennels and Michelle Mone plus whoever has given £600M of public money to 2 Teesside business men and all the rest who have abused the Public purse with the encouragement of the Spiv party.

We need a decent deterrent so instead of filling up overcrowded UK prisons we should send them to Rwandan jails!

Yeah, if you’re a football club accused of wrongdoing, you have to provide accounts, affidavits, witness statements, and spend fortunes on legal advisors.
Surely someone could have told Khaldoon just to say he couldn’t remember and had inexplicably deleted all emails and sms’s

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.