The Conservative Party

Lichfield seems to be very similar to my seat - Witham (Priti Patel's seat). Very similar majorities, both similar size (Witham has a population of about 25,000 versus Lichfield at 35,000). Both a waypoint between farm country and the city - though different cities.

These areas have very resilient Tory votes. There are others with bigger majorities (not many), but there are few that are as stubbornly set against change. Witham also returned a number of Labour councillors this time round; though Tories are still well in control.

I get the strong impression that even if the Tories get absolutely decimated, they can still rely on places like Lichfield and Witham to return a Tory. There could be a nuclear winter, and they'd still be returning a Tory.

On balance I think you're probably right and I wouldn't put money on a change. That said his real core of Lichfield's affluent and reactionary oldies are a reducing % of the population as there's been a lot of new development over the last few years. Most of the people on the newer estates consider themselves natural Tory voters too but it will depend on how squeezed they feel and the degree to which a tactical vote can be organised. My guess would be a split lab/lib vote will allow a con to be returned with a much reduced majority.

Her enemies want to keep things the same, while she wants change.
She should look up ‘conservative‘ in the dictionary.
I wonder if her family aren’t worried about her when they see an exhibition like this.

Her father is a mathematics professor at university. I can’t imagine there is any day his head isn’t pointed down in shame when his daughter shows up on the news.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.