The Conservative Party

Have you had any dealings with the companies that have the outsourced contract (or their subcontractors) or spoken to someone who has?

For the most part they aren't really coaches, they're salespeople. They are there to pressure sell and bully or manipulate the long term unemployed into getting off the caseload and just getting any old job. That doesn't mean people should just waste away on universal credit for the rest of their lives.

They should do the minimum to satisfy the DWP and get away with it and the maximum they can do for their own employment goals and aspirations. By doing the latter they are more likely to get stable employment and stay out of the revolving door of insecure employment and job centre plus.

What's the advice for someone who is struggling on 16hrs a week? Try and stand out positively in your company (or organisation) and apply for another role or go somewhere else. Maybe there's personal circumstances why someone hasn't already done that rather than being a lazy waster.
With all due respect, the part about Work Coaches is mostly bollocks.
To be honest, we aren't "sales people" at all...we are social workers, if anything.

Try and deal with mental health issues, domestic violence victims, modern slavery, sex trafficking, anger management issues, newly released prisoners, neurodiversity, homelessness, drug and alcohol issues, threats of suicide etc etc etc.
All in one day. And I'm not exaggerating either

And most on the "front line" of dealing with that do a great job

With all due respect, the part about Work Coaches is mostly bollocks.
To be honest, we aren't "sales people" at all...we are social workers, if anything.

Try and deal with mental health issues, domestic violence victims, modern slavery, sex trafficking, anger management issues, newly released prisoners, neurodiversity, homelessness, drug and alcohol issues, threats of suicide etc etc etc.
All in one day. And I'm not exaggerating either

And most on the "front line" of dealing with that do a great job

I wasn't talking about DWP staff so it's not bollocks at all you've simply got the wrong end of the stick.

When it said they would be given additional coaching I didn't read it as they would be given additional appointments with DWP staff. My interpretation of that was that it would be something similar to the restart programme. My understanding is that DWP staff don't deliver training or coaching and it's all outsourced.

You can correct me if that's a misunderstanding on my part but whilst I might expect you to know more about it than me I wouldn't expect you to know all the details when it was only confirmed in the last week.

I wasn't talking about DWP staff so it's not bollocks at all you've simply got the wrong end of the stick.

When it said they would be given additional coaching I didn't read it as they would be given additional appointments with DWP staff. My interpretation of that was that it would be something similar to the restart programme. My understanding is that DWP staff don't deliver training or coaching and it's all outsourced.

You can correct me if that's a misunderstanding on my part but whilst I might expect you to know more about it than me I wouldn't expect you to know all the details when it was only confirmed in the last week.

DWP Work Coaches are quite capable of dealing with many things. Particularly when it comes to the 6 point plan where people are threatening to kill themselves. Only recently we had to call an ambulance. Not the best thing any of us have had to witness, and even worse for the poor soul concerned.
We are not monsters and we do our best
But yes, I agree with the outsource thing so forgive me if I misread that.

More black people will be allowed into Britain if we leave the EU and immigration will become a 'non-issue', says Nigel Farage​

Isn't more black African immigrants coming to the UK something you voted for?

How come it's now racist to treat these as baby factories?
I don’t see the Tommy reference. He clearly doesn’t have the charisma that Yaxley has.

Monaco resident thinks Tories have been in power for 20 years unhappy with Brexit blames it on migrants and ploughs on with stereotypes - anyone aware who "designed" the country?

Why pay any attention to the ramblings of a bloke that thinks the Tories have been in power for 15-20 years? He doesn't know because he's immune from most of the consequences of their policies.

How can he (or anyone else) know what every person who voted for Brexit wanted?

There is a tendency among Brexit types to think their idealised (and often wholly impracticable) version of Brexit was what 'everyone' wanted. It's specious bollocks.

It's rather going to Santa as a kid and expecting to get your own, ideal, red racing car as a random present. And thinking that all the other kids wanted that too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.