The Conservative Party

They have been poison for us old cunts too pal. Many years of poisonous shit from them.

Agreed, I'm a FOC too!

Remember both of them records coming out and I remember the start of Thatcherism and am absolutely delighted to have lived to see the day when the consequences of what she began have come back to hopefully kill them. Just wish it hadn't taken so long.

Agreed, I'm a FOC too!

Remember both of them records coming out and I remember the start of Thatcherism and am absolutely delighted to have lived to see the day when the consequences of what she began have come back to hopefully kill them. Just wish it hadn't taken so long.
We did try at the time...... suss laws helped to fire up our passion.

Just seen anendangered species, one of the last remaining self-servatives MP's on BBC1.
They are still convinced that the electorate are in favour of tax cuts, while public services are unable to cope with what they receive now.
They have, I suppose, 5 years to wake up, but my hunch is that they will move even further in the wrong direction

History tells us they will, and history tells us they shouldn’t.

In 1979 labour went to the left with the appointment of Michael Foot. It lost badly in 1983. The appointment of Neil Kinnock was a step back to the centre, but not enough of a step. The appointment of John Smith and then Tony Blair restored Labour’s electoral credibility.

In 1997 the tories lurched to the right, with the appointment of Ian Duncan Smith and then Michael Howard who were both given electoral hidings. They became electable only with the appointment of David Cameron, who even then did not win an outright majority until 2015.

Meanwhile Labour lurched left and then further left with Miliband first and then Jeremy Corbyn. And, once more, upon returning to the centre ground they became electable again.

I imagine the tories will lurch to the right, possibly under Kemi Badenoch, Piti Patel or Suella Benjamin. And I imagine they will lose the next election. Time will tell whether they will learn from history or simply repeat it.

Yes i do - he will pm within 9 years
There is no way in hell that Farage is going to wait out 5 years let alone 9.

MP's are also subjected to further scrutiny because they have to declare financial interests and that kind of thing. I highly doubt that he wants some of his money making deals to be put out there on public record...

Thank goodness I’ll probably be dead by then. Just hope that my grandchildren and great-grandchildren have the sense to fight against them.
He will never be PM of this country, don't worry.

And I'm sure you'll still be alive and kicking in the distant future!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.