The Conservative Party

No more obtrusive than Scout Moor. Adds a bit of interest.

View attachment 128247

Scout Moor is a great place. I did a bike ride up from the quarry past the wind farms and down the old cotton famine road into Healey Dell a while back, stunning scenery.

I spend a lot of time outdoors and there’s something truly awesome about wind farms. The scale of them up close and the juxtaposition between these enormous yet elegant structures and the nature in the middle of nowhere is brilliant IMO.

I know some people think they’re a blot on the landscape but I totally disagree. They’re up there with the huge Victorian viaducts and railway bridges as amazing pieces of sculpture in the countryside.

Scout Moor is a great place. I did a bike ride up from the quarry past the wind farms and down the old cotton famine road into Healey Dell a while back, stunning scenery.

I spend a lot of time outdoors and there’s something truly awesome about wind farms. The scale of them up close and the juxtaposition between these enormous yet elegant structures and the nature in the middle of nowhere is brilliant IMO.

I know some people think they’re a blot on the landscape but I totally disagree. They’re up there with the huge Victorian viaducts and railway bridges as amazing pieces of sculpture in the countryside.
See Monsal Dale viaduct... Objections to its construction in the 1860s and to its demolition in the 1960s.

Is this still the place for looking at the Tory legacy?

Free schools have increased segregation without improving attainment

Research by University College London academics has found that the creation of free schools under the last Conservative Government has increased social segregation, while failing to achieve its goal of driving improvements in attainment in nearby schools. Areas in which primary free schools opened, the researchers found, saw an increase in school segregation - the reverse of a wider national trend towards decreasing segregation. Both primary and secondary schools near free schools, they found, saw declining enrolment, impacting funding, while schools in more deprived areas saw a rise in the proportion of pupils needing more support - believed to be linked to free schools taking a higher proportion of pupils not needing such support. Free schools themselves, the research found, also failed to show higher academic standards - with primary free schools performing worse than a matched sample of similar schools, and secondary free schools performing no better, or worse.
The Observer

Is this still the place for looking at the Tory legacy?

Free schools have increased segregation without improving attainment

Research by University College London academics has found that the creation of free schools under the last Conservative Government has increased social segregation, while failing to achieve its goal of driving improvements in attainment in nearby schools. Areas in which primary free schools opened, the researchers found, saw an increase in school segregation - the reverse of a wider national trend towards decreasing segregation. Both primary and secondary schools near free schools, they found, saw declining enrolment, impacting funding, while schools in more deprived areas saw a rise in the proportion of pupils needing more support - believed to be linked to free schools taking a higher proportion of pupils not needing such support. Free schools themselves, the research found, also failed to show higher academic standards - with primary free schools performing worse than a matched sample of similar schools, and secondary free schools performing no better, or worse.
The Observer
Free Schools were only ever about Gove’s visceral hatred for “The Blob”.

As were the thousands of “free” bibles he blithely dished out with his moniker in them.

An egotistical wanker.

The owners of the Bibby Stockholm are Tory donors.
The harbour where it is moored at great expense are Tory donors.
Can you see wht they were up to yet?

That contract was an absolute piss-take and anybody who would condone that needs a fucking good shoeing.

Wankers. That could’ve gone to good accommodation to those who need it. Instead, it went to those who had the most influence, with money, of course.

Please make him the next leader - he will issue his Party the Coup de Grace and kill it off for good

You're dreaming.

May I remind you of this:

Labour polled 9,708,716 votes in the last election.The Conservatives polled 6,828,925. Reform polled 4,117,610.

i.e. The "right" polled 1.2m votes more than Labour. Given just how unpopular the Tories were after 14 years, and considering the high engery prices, higher interest rates, NHS issues etc, this is a staggeringly terrible result for Labour. Only the peculiarities of our first-past-the-post electoral system - which only really works well in a 2-party state - has resulted in such a huge majority for Labour.

But it is a vulnerable huge majority. Apparently a 1% swing from Labour to Tory, loses Labour 50 seats. A 2% swing loese them 100 seats. If the Tories manage to convince just a few of the Reform voters to come back to the Conservatives, then Labour will lose the next election.

Conversely, to give you some hope, if the Tories fail to attract sufficient numbers of Reform voters then the right wing vote will again be split and Labour will win again, as last time.

So it is ESSENTIAL that the Tories pick a right wing, anti-mass-immigration candidate. Jenrick and Badenoch are the only two sensible options.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.