The Conservative Party

I'm thinking this is the end of the self servatives party.
Down to 121 MP's, will any of the one nation Tories jump ship when one of these two lurch even further to the extreme right?
Will it matter?
Political parties get funding based on the number of
MP's they have (halved), and donations for influence. Not much influence now for potential donors for ten years or so.
That's not an entirely implausible conclusion to draw. I suppose it rather depends on how many remain in the party as they lurch to the right and how many decamp to the Liberal Democrats and Labour.

Be more than ironic if the Conservatives are found calling for electoral reform after losing the 2029 election...

the latest hate pile on from those that live to hate ..... everything ......btw just before she had shows cancelled in Austria due to a credible terror plot being discovered and thwarted - how soon they forget the Manchester bombing eh?

It looks like that annoyed all the Tory MP Swifties!

I'm thinking this is the end of the self servatives party.
Down to 121 MP's, will any of the one nation Tories jump ship when one of these two lurch even further to the extreme right?
Will it matter?
Political parties get funding based on the number of
MP's they have (halved), and donations for influence. Not much influence now for potential donors for ten years or so.
Are there any one-nation Tories left?

I wanted Cleverly to win, as I just hate hearing the culture war nonsense.

But culture wars will just reinforce the generational problem for the Tories, as young people are generally in favour of the changes in culture that they are warring against. See how "pride in Britain" is becoming a bit "Meh".

Are there any one-nation Tories left?

I wanted Cleverly to win, as I just hate hearing the culture war nonsense.

But culture wars will just reinforce the generational problem for the Tories, as young people are generally in favour of the changes in culture that they are warring against. See how "pride in Britain" is becoming a bit "Meh".
Insanely, Jeremy Hunt might have been their best bet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.