The Courteeners

Whitworth Park said:
Plenty of Blues there last night, a chant of Blue Army broke out around me at the top
of the steps next to the mixing desk.
Rev and Makers on before (who were brilliant) John Mclure working the audience.
Any United fans here, big cheer, any City fans here, cheer nearly as big.
As posters had said red flares there but also Blue smoke bombs.
Saw 2 lads in City shirts as well.
People need to get it out of there head that they are a Rag's band.
Sure Liam was a ball boy at OT and supports them but he doesn't mention them
or pander to Rags fans.
People should take them for what they are another in the line of great Manchester Bands.
Also Liam is a pretty nice guy as well.
Weren't some of the Roses rages?
It hasn't hindered them - there's even a Stone Roses inspired T-shirt in the club shop!
'Not 19 Forever' is a brilliant song IMO.

saw them in lincoln tonight. a group of lads started a united song but it got drowned out straight away by a group of others lads singing 'f****e touches boys.... ' I don't know if they were blues or not, and even though I don't like that song, I couldn't of felt prouder haha

absolutely brilliant gig again by the courteeners though, 4th time I've seen them this year and they never disappoint.

Phil Meup said:
Whitworth Park said:
Plenty of Blues there last night, a chant of Blue Army broke out around me at the top
of the steps next to the mixing desk.
Rev and Makers on before (who were brilliant) John Mclure working the audience.
Any United fans here, big cheer, any City fans here, cheer nearly as big.
As posters had said red flares there but also Blue smoke bombs.
Saw 2 lads in City shirts as well.
People need to get it out of there head that they are a Rag's band.
Sure Liam was a ball boy at OT and supports them but he doesn't mention them
or pander to Rags fans.
People should take them for what they are another in the line of great Manchester Bands.
Also Liam is a pretty nice guy as well.
Weren't some of the Roses rages?
It hasn't hindered them - there's even a Stone Roses inspired T-shirt in the club shop!
'Not 19 Forever' is a brilliant song IMO.
all the roses are reds apart from reni. doesnt really matter though

Just bought the new EP out "How good it was", its from the new album being released next week and also has 3 B-sides on it which are cracking tunes. How good it was is a great tune which rivals Are you in love with a notion in my opinion. Another great tune and a different sound to the usual stuff is Sunflower which is on the 7 Minute 45 Second mark of the video below

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GHTAfayHfI[/video]

Danbert said:
CTID1988 said:
Danbert said:
Actually he isn't a particularly nice guy at all. Despite the fact that the group are a gang of mates, Fray takes all the song-writing credits and the other lads (despite being involved in the creative process) are effectively just session musicians. Mark my words, this is an increasing cause of friction within the group all will eventually lead to them splitting up. You heard it here first.

To be honest the rest of them probably dont want to be credited with them songs, the shame of it

I agree the songs are sit....... but as the rest of the lads in the band are just classed as performers on recordings and don't get any song-writing credit they just receive a flat fee (at the rate of a session musician) whilst Fray takes all the song-writing royalties. This despite the fact that the whole band are part of the creative process. Fray is just a huge ego and his failure to "credit the entire band" will split the band and it will happen very soon. Mark my words

What utter garbage that is. For a start Fray writes all the songs and always has done, the rest of the band aren't involved in the creative process as you put it, they are involved in the recordings and live performances, coincidentally, the live sector is where they make the most money anyway. I'm not sure you grasp how it actually works tbh, song writing credit always goes to who actually writes the lyrics or the music, (Lennon/McCartney) etc... I can also assure you they aren't on a flat fee, simply because they aren't session musicians. What would the flat fee be for exactly? and who would be paying it? They have all singed a record deal as a band, not just Liam Fray, the label will pay them either for x amount of albums or x amount of years, unless they happen to be on a sync deal where they would get paid for x amount of live performances upfront.

Pezzer2 said:
Just bought the new EP out "How good it was", its from the new album being released next week and also has 3 B-sides on it which are cracking tunes. How good it was is a great tune which rivals Are you in love with a notion in my opinion. Another great tune and a different sound to the usual stuff is Sunflower which is on the 7 Minute 45 Second mark of the video below

I only got round to preordering the album Friday, download the EP aswell.

The live at Castlefirld Bowl album is going to be a big highlight for me.

Pezzer2 said:

I'm a Courteeners fan, but I don't like those B-Sides.

How Good it Was 8/10
Hometown One 5/10
Sunflower 1/10
Why are you still with him 5/10.

Both Summer and How Good it was are decent tunes so I'm looking forward to the album.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.