The Curious Case of Dele Alli | Emotional Overlap interview (p 19)

Please explain.

Before I do this I suggest you go and educate yourself on wider issues such as addiction, childhood trauma and mental health; there are plenty of charities out there who you could offer your time to.

Everton have done a fantastic job supporting this young man through personal problems, and have a very talented asset on their hands. I really hope you're not in a position of power or an employer of young people with the archaic views that you clearly hold.

Before I do this I suggest you go and educate yourself on wider issues such as addiction, childhood trauma and mental health; there are plenty of charities out there who you could offer your time to.

Everton have done a fantastic job supporting this young man through personal problems, and have a very talented asset on their hands. I really hope you're not in a position of power or an employer of young people with the archaic views that you clearly hold.
You really don't want to go down the path of trauma and mental health with me mate. Imagine trying to get one up on someone with a comment like that.

Everton have done nothing for this lad, what on earth are you going on about.

They bought him on a prayer that Lampard would resurrect his career with the hope they could flip him for a big profit.
They then binned Lampard and then despite knowing about what the lad was going through thought fck this, we can't handle it in the middle of a relegation battle so lets make him someone elses problem and farmed him out to Turkey on a loan, that caused the lad to go AWOL for several weeks.

With the interview he has just done, is he in the mental state to go through a grueling pre-season with Dyche and be thrown straight back into the Premier League. I don't think so.

Everton signed Alli with a clause that means they will have to pay Tottenham £10 million as soon as he makes 20 appearances which he hasn't done yet.

As it stands all they are doing his paying his wages and technically signed him on a free from spuds.

Looks like hes played 13 times, and it will take more than 7 games to get Alli back up to speed. Can Everton afford to give Alli 10-15 games, pay Spuds 10m and find out hes finished at the top level anyway. Not sure, especially with their financial situation.

He was an exceptional player for a number of years but clearly these issues manifested themselves and combined with injuries and a loss of form things spiralled. Now he's getting the right support, under the right manager he can look to have a more positive mindset and coming into his peak years it may well be that the £10m is an absolute steal. Everton are in a tricky situation financially, but if you've got a player with the potential of Alli you 100% commit to trying to make that work, even if it costs you £10m. He could be the difference between them staying up or going down.

He was an exceptional player for a number of years but clearly these issues manifested themselves and combined with injuries and a loss of form things spiralled. Now he's getting the right support, under the right manager he can look to have a more positive mindset and coming into his peak years it may well be that the £10m is an absolute steal. Everton are in a tricky situation financially, but if you've got a player with the potential of Alli you 100% commit to trying to make that work, even if it costs you £10m. He could be the difference between them staying up or going down.
It is all ifs and buts though sadly and Everton are not a charity. Alli could come back into the team and be on fire for the first 10 games and then go completely AWOL again. Can Everton afford to do that. Their premier league survival could well be on the line again.

I don't think being thrown straight back into the fire of the premier league is the best option.
I hope he can come back and beat his demons but Everton are in such a hopeless state right now, he is probably best off going somewhere else.

It is all ifs and buts though sadly and Everton are not a charity. Alli could come back into the team and be on fire for the first 10 games and then go completely AWOL again. Can Everton afford to do that. Their premier league survival could well be on the line again.

I don't think being thrown straight back into the fire of the premier league is the best option.
I hope he can come back and beat his demons but Everton are in such a hopeless state right now, he is probably best off going somewhere else.

They're not going to get many other players who could play to his level for £10m so it would be silly not to give him that chance. There were clearly issues there, they've now been revealed and he will be in a better mindset to perform. Any player you buy in football could end up injured or out of action, that can't come into your thinking. They've got a few games they can use him in before he'd trigger that payment anyway, and they'd know by that time whether he's worth it or not.

You really don't want to go down the path of trauma and mental health with me mate. Imagine trying to get one up on someone with a comment like that.

Everton have done nothing for this lad, what on earth are you going on about.

They bought him on a prayer that Lampard would resurrect his career with the hope they could flip him for a big profit.
They then binned Lampard and then despite knowing about what the lad was going through thought fck this, we can't handle it in the middle of a relegation battle so lets make him someone elses problem and farmed him out to Turkey on a loan, that caused the lad to go AWOL for several weeks.

With the interview he has just done, is he in the mental state to go through a grueling pre-season with Dyche and be thrown straight back into the Premier League. I don't think so.

Not a case of getting one up on somebody or virtue signalling. Your comment was insensitive, none of us have the right to judge him for what he has been going through. Human life comes before any business.

Everton are widely known as a very charitable club. They have clearly enabled him to enter a period of rehabilitation and to air this story. Hopefully they are providing a comfortable environment for him, then it's up to the lad to get himself right and perform on the pitch.

Not a case of getting one up on somebody or virtue signalling. Your comment was insensitive, none of us have the right to judge him for what he has been going through. Human life comes before any business.

Everton are widely known as a very charitable club. They have clearly enabled him to enter a period of rehabilitation and to air this story. Hopefully they are providing a comfortable environment for him, then it's up to the lad to get himself right and perform on the pitch.
Why bother mentioning it then.

I suggest you read through threads like this, https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/...ns-conference-in-manchester-p87.360394/unread to see just how much UEFA put humans ahead of business decisions for the biggest game in club football and that is one of thousands of examples you could find.

Everton were so charitable, they realised he wasn't up to speed and rapidly approaching his 20 game transfer clause so made the decision to cut him from the team and throw him out to the wilderness in Turkey. Away from his entire support network in a foreign country. That caused the lad to go AWOL for several weeks.

Don't mix up the decisions that the club makes in supporting their local community and the decision they will make when money is on the line and we are talking about million pound assets.

It takes courage too open up about what he went through.

Good luck too him, hope he can find some stability and revive his career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.